+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Typical bank MrsC. Sounds to me that she is pulling thee 'ole "I am in charge, I say no" card. Also, I've seen supervisors NOT want our tellers to go to school, for fear of losing them.

Too bad for her, cause she'll lose you in a NY minute. Schooling is more important than working for someone who doesn't care about you and your education, she needs to know that she's toying with your livelihood now....ain't nobody qualified to do that.

Put your foot down! I'll back ya up.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Thanks Maveno, I'm gonna call this co worker, Limpy, from now on.

I am mad that she notified me late, but I'm more infuriated by her "I never made a commitment" crap, its basically a point blank lie @ MY expense. I've always been very nice to Limpy, and we seem to get along fine, but this drew the line.

While its not resolved yet, my old hag supervisor may be siding with me for the simple fact that I already planned my schedule out and enrolling tomorrow, there's no going back now especially since....its my MAJOR requirement. Not to mention, I've contributed more. I'm more available to work on my off days to cover co workers' absences, I have yet to get in an argument with any co worker, I've never skipped corporate meetings (unlike limpy), and I do WAY betterin sales than Limpy. Limpy is LAST in the region

Everyone here knows, NOT to mess with my education. I'll quit if I have to, but hopefully not. My company covers half my tuition for me and I don't have to pay it back either.

Here's a new one...This woman always calls in sick, she has so many excuses. Well, today she called in sick because she yawned too hard and dislocated her jaw. ?
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    Here's a new one...This woman always calls in sick, she has so many excuses. Well, today she called in sick because she yawned too hard and dislocated her jaw. ?
    LMAO!!!!!
    There was a teller who called in sick all the time in my office as well.The last time he did it he called in and my boss answered it and all he did was sneeze and cough, then hung up. Yup, he got fired right afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    And, exactly how was she able to call with a dislocated jaw? I give her an A for creativity though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    And, exactly how was she able to call with a dislocated jaw? I give her an A for creativity though.
    She sent emails. :rolleyes I work with Zaaam, so I know. Just to add to the story, we all laugh cause she must have "THE BOOK OF EXCUSES." Only a couple of weeks ago she couldn't come in because she dropped a steak knife on her foot and therefore she couldn't walk on it.
    The week before that, her hip "went out" and she needed a cortizone shot.
    The week before THAT, she lost her voice.
    The list goes on.. trust me. She leaves early all the time because of ODD things.
    Her boss isn't out of our office, so for her to get fired would take a miracle.

She gets a medal of honor I tell ya... her house must be a maze of potential accidents.

That's unbelievable Maveno! Do you guys ever make bets about what the next excuse is going to be?

We can't! We'd all lose.. today's excuse was a SHOCKER! Our boss had us all try and figure out what it was, and she said we'd NEVER figure this one out. Of course, we didn't.
    It's beyond comprehension what this woman thinks is "normal".

FORT Fogey
    I'm absolutely blown away by the lies people think they can tell and get away with telling. This story reminds me of a coworker I had. She would always call in "sick" on either a Friday or a Monday, so that she would have a nice, long, three-day weekend.

Her "doozy" of a story, the one that goes down in the records book, is that she couldn't come into work on a Monday because on Saturday morning she received a telephone call from a Police Department down in Tennessee.

The Police told her that they needed her to fly down to their town immediately to identify a body that they thought might be that of her long-lost brother.

When she came into work on Tuesday, everbody approached her and gave her their regrets, their sympathy, etc., etc., etc.

But guess what she told us??? She told us that "Even though I flew down there to identify his body, I found out when I got there that it wasn't my brother's body after all."

Lucky for our coworker that the body wasn't that of her brother -- in other words, there would be plenty of opportunities in the future for the coworker to travel all over the country in a quest to find her dead brother's body: Hawaii, South Padre Island, Cocoa Beach, The Grand Canyon, Aspen, etc., etc., etc.

Zaam and Mav, it sounds like you two work in quite an exciting place. I love reading your stories. The dislocated jaw takes the cake though.

I guess I'm lucky enough to not have any overly annoying co-workers. We do have one guy who was always sick and claiming that he has to have his liver, kidneys, lungs, spleen, etc checked out. Everyone just thought it was an excuse. Turns out he is full blooded Eskimo and his digestive tract was not used to the dietary change of the northeast.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread