+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109110111112113114115116117118119
Results 1,181 to 1,184 of 1184
Like Tree942Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

The last office job I had was one where I generated A LOT of correspondence every day. If I printed as it was created, I would have been up and down all the time. I'd just put my queue offline and then build up a bunch of print jobs and then let 'er rip. MUCH easier.

If your building is all wireless, I can see how computers would just automatically pick up various printers that aren't in their department. Seems like that's something the various supervisors should deal with rather than the employee who noticed the problem.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

We have the same issue at my work. Our Electronic Medical Records program has our claims printer near us as the default printer for our overall department so we get a lot of claims printed from people not in our smaller sub-department. We always shred anything that's not our sub-department, we just got the unfortunate luck of being the default printer of the whole floor. We have been told we need to get up and get claims as soon as we print as it is a HIPAA violation for patient info to be left out.
    As for things other than claims, we have another whole printer at the end of the floor (we are about in the middle of the floor) that we have to use a PIN to get our jobs that have been saved to the printer under our name. If it weren't for that I would be up and down half of the day. We are supposed to be as paperless as possible but I have to print to prove I checked eligibility of patients.
    I understand we have way too many employees (we are a clinic model hospital system like Cleveland Clinic with about 20,000 employees total) for us each to have our own printers but for someone like me that has a printer heavy job I wish I had my own! We have Dental Billers that have large reports to print at end of month and it holds the others of us back from getting our printing sometimes- that is annoying!
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I can understand if someone doesn't want to race to the printer every time they print, especially when they have a lot to print, but when it gets to be 4 or 5 days that this stuff is sitting on the printer it's like what the heck? You'd think they'd at least come collect their stuff once or twice a day.

I assumed at first that they didn't know which printer their stuff was going to and that's why I made a point to figure out who the stuff went to so I could take it to them and let them know. But when they knew which printer their stuff was going to and still let it accumulate, it made me feel like they were too lazy to go get it. Or maybe they just assumed that I was always going to bring it to them.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Whos Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think the problem is that the people in this office were temporarily relocated while their office underwent renovations. When they moved back in, our IT people networked them to the wrong printer. We have the same type of printer in both offices. It should be an easy matter to fix but it's like pulling teeth to get ahold of someone from IT. We've had times where someone needed to reinstall Windows or something like that and all we needed was for IT to bring the disk. It might take a week or more before they bothered to show up. I'm not impressed with our IT group at all and unfortunately I have to deal with them pretty much every day to get my work done.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Whos Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

+ Reply to Thread