+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103104105106107108109110111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,128 of 1128
Like Tree874Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Your annoying co-worker

I'm finally doing work for the Feed and Seed section in addition to the Fertilizer section. Unfortunately for me, I'm starting at the beginning of a new quarter when all licenses need to be renewed so I'm being SWAMPED with cash sheets! However, even when I get bogged down with a flood of data entry, I'd still gladly take that over sitting around with nothing to do all day. I'm sure not sitting around twiddling my thumbs and surfing the internet anymore!

The only task I really dislike is having to call people. I had to call a company earlier to get some information and the contact person wasn't in so I had to leave a message for them to call me back. I prefer communicating by email because I get nervous talking to people directly, but then I'll never get better at talking to people if I keep avoiding it so I know it's good for me to push myself out of my comfort zone.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

We had a bureau meeting at work yesterday and I found out they've hired TWO people to do the job I was previously doing. LOL! That made me feel good.

I've been at my new position for 6 months now and my probation period is officially over. I should have my first performance evaluation soon and I expect it to be great.

The bureau chief had told me when I started this job that I would start at the same salary and after the probationary period was over, she'd review my workload and consider giving me a raise. I set up a meeting with her on Monday to discuss it. I'm going to ask for a 5% raise. I think that's fair given the increased workload and responsibilities I now have.
    Punkin, Brooks, Gutmutter and 2 others like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys

My meeting with the Bureau Chief went well! She said she's gotten rave reviews of my work from the people I've been working with over the last few months so she is willing to put me in for a raise. She didn't mention an amount so hopefully it's the 5% I'm asking for. There are a couple of times a year when pay increases can be submitted and the next one is in October so she's going to put the request in for my raise then. She said to check with her again in November if it hasn't kicked in by then.
    Punkin, Brooks, justCoz and 1 others like this.

I am here to vent about a coworker. My department has about 10 people that includes a team lead and a manager. This particular coworker does work similar to me, so I have to deal with her most out of those in my department. She is a one-upper and honestly doesnt really have much going on outside of work so part of me thinks that's why the way she is at work. There are ebbs and flows to our relationship as sometimes she gets on my nerves more than others, and when she does I try to keep to myself more. I mean, she cops an attitude with me when I say no to her offers of getting breakfast or going to lunch- and I try to be super polite with my nos. Anyway- our team lead's husband died suddenly last week and I feel like, same with work things, she is trying to be "the" person with all the info-not realizing that along with one other teammate, I have been converstating with the team lead by text. I let coworker tell me things but don't say "I Know" because I'm sure it will rub her the wrong way. I can get over her being a one upper at work...but this is just aggravating me to pieces.
    Thanks for letting me vent!
    Punkin and Gutmutter like this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

You're welcome. Any time!
    AmyKay likes this.
    Lynda

That does sound frustrating, AmyKay, and I know how you feel because it's happened to me too. Don't you just want to explode sometimes? It is hard to be gracious with them, but hope it helps that others can understand your situation. I bet there are people in your dept that see it too! You're not alone.
    Good luck!
    AmyKay likes this.

Can't stand people like that, I feel your pain.
    AmyKay likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

I'm still training the two ladies who are replacing me at my old job and it's going rough. The lady who was recently hired is doing great! She's very sharp and personable so I feel more confident in her abilities. The other lady, though, just doesn't seem capable of grasping what I'm trying to tell her. I don't know if she's not paying attention or if she's just not understanding. She's not even a case of "the lights are on but nobody's home". It's more like the lights are off and somebody's sleeping. All I can do is keep trying and hope that when quarterly report time comes around again maybe she'll learn better by having me do the reports with her rather than having me explain them as I'm doing now.

+ Reply to Thread