+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1121
Like Tree859Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

Chaos, I'm surprised that hothead hasn't been spoken to yet. Somebody like that would get fired in my office.

On the subject of annoying co-workers, one of mine spotted an error in my work and pointed it out in an email. I didn't mind that at all because we have a culture of excellence and everybody is responsible for ensuring that the work is top notch. I discovered later, though, she she blind-copied my boss on the email. I'm considered a fairly high performer and a firm believer in owning my mistakes, so the whole back-channel thing was just strange. I did confront her about the blind-copying but she made it seem like I was angry about her spotting the error instead of her sneakiness. I still don't think she gets it.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." — George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Chaos, I'm surprised that hothead hasn't been spoken to yet. Somebody like that would get fired in my office.

On the subject of annoying co-workers, one of mine spotted an error in my work and pointed it out in an email. I didn't mind that at all because we have a culture of excellence and everybody is responsible for ensuring that the work is top notch. I discovered later, though, she she blind-copied my boss on the email. I'm considered a fairly high performer and a firm believer in owning my mistakes, so the whole back-channel thing was just strange. I did confront her about the blind-copying but she made it seem like I was angry about her spotting the error instead of her sneakiness. I still don't think she gets it.
    I despise blind copy emails from co-workers. Especially for stuff like you wrote about.
    candor likes this.

He openly starts adding people to the email. And in this case it was two senior managers. It usually always involves at least a few supervisors and a couple senior managers. My other favorite tactic is he blows up and then when we need an opinion from his department he pulls this crap "it's not my job." So it's basically tantrum after tantrum followed by "it's not my job."

We have an insidious culture of blind copying too and/or forwarding emails inappropriately. My counterpart will sometimes express concern over something like performance to a supervisor and inevitably those emails get forwarded to the worker. We report to the senior manager to keep us neutral but I told my supervisor last week that my coworker and I frequenty see issues but neither of us are comfortable anymore addressing those with supervisors.

I hate when I'm dealing with someone through email and it seems to be going fine then out of the blue they start copying god and everybody. Same with an email that's about something really simple, they will have everybody copied on it. I'm sure some are thinking "why did they copy me on this"
    causingchaos likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate that, too, when I email a co-worker over what to me seems like a non-issue and they copy in my supervisor and their supervisor in their response. It makes me feel like I've done something wrong and they're trying to document it. It's sad that you can't have a simple conversation with a co-worker without feeling like you're being judged and your job is on the line if you say or do the wrong thing. Sometimes I just want information. I'm not complaining or trying to get that other person in trouble!
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

I hate that with a passion. Like what are you trying to prove copying in god and everyone. Today another thing got sent to the problem guy but I was interested that even though he went ahead and copied in god and everyone he didn't insist on signatures on stuff... so either he's believing me or someone told him I was right. Either way in my passive aggressive mode I sent an email back to god and everyone that I printed out the stuff signed it and it will go and sit on the division director's desk to sign on top of it (because heaven forbid we have a form with virtual signatures... I even offered to make that for him because his Word form is a disaster).
    karna68 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've been having a weird thing going on at work. It's not a bad thing, it just has me puzzled.

For months now when I'm walking in the hall I'll sometimes see a guy from a nearby lab and he'll say "Hi, Patty!" to me. I've never gone by Patty so I thought he had me confused with someone else. There's a lady named Patty Lucas who works in the lab so I thought he was confusing me with her. I'd just say hi back to him and not correct him about the name.

Recently he stopped me and said he'd heard that I was working in a different section now and wanted to know about that. Since we were having a conversation, I told him my name was Tricia, not Patty, and I told him which section I had started in at the end of January. So then I knew that he was saying hi to me, not confusing me with someone else, but I don't know him from Adam.

This afternoon, he said hi to me again so I asked him his name and he told me David. I looked him up in our employee directory and I still don't recognize him. I thought maybe he might be one of the people my office CC's on outgoing letters sometimes and that's how he knows me but that's not the case so I don't know how he knows me. Maybe he's just seen me walking the halls and asked someone who I was, maybe he knows my supervisor, maybe we've talked briefly at a work event and I'd forgotten about it? I have no idea. It's strange that he seems to know so much about me but I know absolutely nothing about him.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I've been having a weird thing going on at work. It's not a bad thing, it just has me puzzled.

For months now when I'm walking in the hall I'll sometimes see a guy from a nearby lab and he'll say "Hi, Patty!" to me. I've never gone by Patty so I thought he had me confused with someone else. There's a lady named Patty Lucas who works in the lab so I thought he was confusing me with her. I'd just say hi back to him and not correct him about the name.

Recently he stopped me and said he'd heard that I was working in a different section now and wanted to know about that. Since we were having a conversation, I told him my name was Tricia, not Patty, and I told him which section I had started in at the end of January. So then I knew that he was saying hi to me, not confusing me with someone else, but I don't know him from Adam.

This afternoon, he said hi to me again so I asked him his name and he told me David. I looked him up in our employee directory and I still don't recognize him. I thought maybe he might be one of the people my office CC's on outgoing letters sometimes and that's how he knows me but that's not the case so I don't know how he knows me. Maybe he's just seen me walking the halls and asked someone who I was, maybe he knows my supervisor, maybe we've talked briefly at a work event and I'd forgotten about it? I have no idea. It's strange that he seems to know so much about me but I know absolutely nothing about him.

You have entered.............THE TWILIGHT ZONE.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    You have entered.............THE TWILIGHT ZONE.
    You've been dating for three months.
    Punkin, Miss Scarlet and JosephD like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    You've been dating for three months.
    You got married last week!
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

+ Reply to Thread