+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Many Different Places Have You Lived?

Quote Originally Posted by PittGrrl04
    Dubois! I'm from Pennsylvania, and it just struck me how many "interesting" places you've lived in addition to Dubois!
    Another great thing about DuBois: it's only 30 minutes from Straub Brewery , where they once had an open tap and you could fill your milkjugs to the brim with a great tasting beer.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Born in Atwater, California (farming community)
    2 - 8: Pacific Grove, California
    8 - 25: Carmel, California
    25 - 40: Santa Cruz, California (and surrounding cities; Capitola and Aptos)
    40 - 41: Prescott, Arizona. I moved there to be closer to my mother during my "vision loss" process. Thanks Mom.
    42 - Present: Back in Santa Cruz.

So, basically born and raised in Northern California except for 17 months in Arizona.

My SIL goes to school in Santa Cruz. She loves it there, and it fits her. She's a crunchy granola organic vegan Nader-loving natural fiber give peace a chance girl. She'll come to her senses some day

Well, I've lived all over Texas but that's about it except for a brief foray to Baton Rouge Louisiana as a newlywed.

Texas
    Greenville
    Gainesville
    Sherman
    Waco
    West
    Lubbock
    Beaumont
    Denison

Wow, that looks so pitiful. I've always wanted to live someplace else, but the opportunity never presented itself.
    Last edited by Dinahann; 09-14-2004 at 08:28 PM. Reason: I forgot one...
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keemameelia
    My SIL goes to school in Santa Cruz. She loves it there, and it fits her. She's a crunchy granola organic vegan Nader-loving natural fiber give peace a chance girl. She'll come to her senses some day
    Santa Cruz DEFINITELY used to be known as the hippy, granola eating, hemp wearing people type of town, but it has REALLY changed in the last 20 years. The cost of living here is insane.

Is your sister going to UCSC -- home of the Banana Slugs? It's a great school. I'm pretty sure that's Hepcat's alma mata.

I always considered myself a big mover.. but I go by grades since it generally moved me during the summer times... so lets go back in Jahim history for a bit... And believe me, this is goign to be a history, so skim if you aren't very interested in my life story.. lol..

Birth until Kindergarden - Manchester, CT.. great town, at the time just starting to really develop with a great mall, the Buckland mall... Now its a really great area and I am lookign to move back actually.. Went to school at the Wadell Elementary.. I lived with my Two parents and for a while my uncle Bryan who is disabled due to a motorcycle accident..

1st to 3rd Grade - Vernon, CT and the NorthEast Elementary, a blue ribbon school nonetheless.. a town just to the side of Manchester.. Moved into the Villa Apartments and it was a great Area, they were sort of a collection of what we call Townhouses now... Parents were trying ot move out on their own for the first time really at this point

4th to 6th Grade - Glastonbury, CT.. went to a great named school.. Buttonball Lane Elementary and followed by the Academy School.. My mom got an excellent job in town and this was the closest thing to it... Besides being at a goofy named elementary school, the 6th grade was sectioned into its own building on the other end of town.. The Academy School was attached to the City hall.. so you can only imagine how that worked... Glastonbury was a rich snobby town, and I never really got along... My parents also divorced when I was in the 6th grade..

7th to 9th Grade - Enfield CT... My dad moves to Enfield to live with his girlfriend and future second wife.. we actually get as well as a teenager and any parent could.. which wasn't well granted.. but I didn't hate her because she was my step-parent.. Went to JFK Middle School and then Enrico Fermi High School.. the High School is an excellent School... in May of 9th Grade, my dad kicked me out of the house and I was forced to move with my mother...

10th Grade - Sterling VA... Broad Run High School.. While I had no issues with my mother at this point, it was rough because she was living with her new boyfriend in his Grandparents house... I was really going through a rough time at this point because I was kicked out and kind of distraught over the whole situation.. Broad Run, in hindsight, was an excellent school but I couldn't enjoy my time there and next to DC because of teh small bout of depression I was facing.. its one of the few regrets in my life that I held such a grudge that it ruined something really great there...

11th Grade - Front Royal VA.. Warren County High School.. what can I say.. going from Broad run to here was the ultimate shock.. and fact is, over that Summer I really did a lot of growing up.. and all this year I'd learn about life and how bad people can really be... This town was racist beyond all reason and just very prejudice abuot anything not "wasp", which basically meant if you weren't White, straight, a God-fearing Christian, and usually Male, you had some issues with the overall Culture of the town.. I had grown up in the Age of Nickelodeon, and if there is one thing its taught me, there is no room for prejudice like this... so it didn't work out.. I ended up getting into my one and only physical fight I've had in school (apparently I am a lover not a fighter) and granted the kid ran once the bells rung, but it wasn't something I wanted on my "record" per se... I really learned what I had at Broad Run, in a suburb just outside of DC, filled with such diversity, and everyone was generally happy and accepting of people and their cultures.. it was such a wonderful time there and I really wish I had stayed longer and not in such a bad dark mood... Warren county taught me also sometimes you need to suck it up adn do whats best for YOU...

12th Grade - Enfield CT... again... YEa, I moved back in with my Dad, I tried my best to get along and try to right the wrongs done in the past.. unfortuantely, there was a mutual lack of understanding of each others opinions.. So I've just discovered we do not get along.. I graduated at Enrico Fermi High, and it was a really good thing for me.. but afterwards, I moved back to VA due to stresses with my dad.. we get along GREAT on the phone, but not living together... As for that School year, I got really involved and tried my best and tried to do what was the best I could, I did lots of extra stuff including doing a class called "Individual & Society" what an excellent Class this was... I didn't get credit for this class, and I didn't have to do all the reading, but I participated in the discussion.. it was a really great class and ms. Jonitias is a real inspiration to me even now as a teacher, she taught us all stuff about Life, and society and stuff.. but she did it in a unique was.. this class potentially could be the most boring thing ever, but it was actually a really good class and well done.. I also participated in the final exam in the class which was a debate... Is it true that, it is best to work for your own self-worth to succeed in society.. Great class and I truly respect everyone from it...

the rest of 2003 until now - Winchester VA.. I really couldn't get along with my dad.. and I moved back in with my mother.. Now, her and her once boyfriend, now Husband and soon to be ex-husband... My mother moved back to CT for another excellent Job opportunity... And really, Jason, my step-dad.. he is a lazy bum.. he sits and plays star wars online all day and doesn't work.. for the longest time, i was the only working person in the household.. how the bills get paid simply amazes me.. because Target paycheck just ain't cutting it... Well, now I live with Jason as a "roommate" but I am looking to move soon.. and hopefully back to CT, but I'll take what I can get at this point...

Sorry for the life story if you aren't interested, but I always like sharing my story with people when I talk about the places I've lived and why..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Born in Ogden, Utah. Lived in the same house until 16, moved out of mom's at 18, jumped around Ogden, here and there...and

now in SLC. I've never lived more than 50 miles away from where I was born. How dull is that!

Born in the Philippines, moved to SIngapore when 2 months old..

now 18 still living in Singapore...moved from house-to-house 6 times though

- born in San Francisco
    - lived in a small central valley (CA) town from age 9-14
    - moved back to San Francisco for high school
    - went to school in Santa Cruz for two years (go Slugs! )
    - moved back to SF to go to SF State and have been here ever since
    (I tried living in Wisconsin for six weeks but it didn't work out, so it doesn't count)

oh good thread!

birth till age 8---pittsburgh pa
    8-11----greensburg pa
    11-13----indiana pa
    13-20---butler pa
    20 to present i have lived in east liverpool ohio and kent ohio....right now i reside in kent for school lol

i have also temporarily stayed in california/germany.....both very interesting places lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast