+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Where do you work?

I'm a Social Worker for the state of Texas. I give grants to persons with disabilities for architectural renovations, medical equipment and prescriptions. Love my job; hate the paperwork.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Stay at home mommy to my four year old, and sometimes I sell a painting.

After college I worked in sales for big, stodgy Industry. I sold diatomaceous earth, which had fun customers to visit (breweries) and later worked in sales for a company that made telephone relay racks. I still miss that place, but I don't regret leaving it to spend my days playing in the park with my daughter.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    I'm a recent University grad and I am currently working part-time as a youth counselor at an open custody facility for young male offenders.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

Quote Originally Posted by PittGrrl04
    I am a pharmacist in a grocery store chain in western New York (and its not Tops, so those of you familiar with the area can probably figure it out).
    Wegmans. It has to be Wegmans. I miss Wegmans. The stores here really don't compare. They're all pretty gross, except for the fact that they sell hard liquor right next to the school supplies.

As an aside, I hope you're enjoying and appreciating Buffalo. There's so much about that city that's completely underrated, and if you're ever looking for something to do or see, please PM me. I know all the good places, no matter what your tastes may be.

I love my jobs.

4 months a year I am the Office manager at a tax filing place, yup I do the dreaded tax return.

8 months a year I am a stay at home mom of 3 girls (2,5,8)

I really get the best of both worlds

I work as a Loan Officer in a bank...people and $ what a combo.
    The public bugs me, but the pay is good and it is close to home.
    Don't get me wrong, there are a few (and thats about it) customers that are enjoyable. The majority of our customers are just wacked.
    I seriously avoid certain places around town, cuz I know I will run into a customer. Sounds bad, but hey, whatever. I am still nice to them when I see them. I even have a hand-made needle point sign hanging next to my desk that says "your friendly trusted Banker" Oh well, it came with the building.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    I will soon be working as a 911 police dispatcher... Gotta get through the background checks, which will take a little while, but I'm good to go
    Could there *even* be a better job for you, Tigra? I mean, with your fascination/obsession with policemen, uniforms and cop cars.

Good for you!

I used to be an Elementary School teacher in NY. I loved teaching first grade.

Now, I am a therapist in a hospital in NJ. I LOVE my job but some of the people I work with are very loud.

Some day, if God smiles down upon me, I will be a stay at home mom writing poetry on scraps of paper.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

on vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    Thank you, it's great to hear from other dispatchers about their experiences and so on I went through the dispatcher course, so I know a little bit about what to expect (yeah it was intense, about half the class decided NOT to become dispatchers after having been through all the topics & 911 tapes....) However...maybe I'm abit crazy but even though I'm a little nervous, I'm mostly more excited than ever to get started, despite the stress factor
    Well if you ever want or need someeone to talk to about it, pm me. I hope it goes well for you.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Not related to Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I work at home. I have a licensed home day care, there are 5 children in my care from 8am - at least 5 pm Monday - Friday. That includes running a full kindergarten readiness program in addition to being the chief cook and bottle washer. It's the hardest job you'll ever love .. the Army's got nothin' on me

When do you find time to come on here, then?

I'm supposed to be working on my Master's in Psychology, but I've been rather uninspired lately....

+ Reply to Thread