+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Where do you work?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    Lol.. I am shocked to be the first on here to say this..

I work at Starbucks. I just moved to Toronto, and wasn't able to find a waitering job in a place that was accessable to me.. so I got a job at Starbucks. Only problem I have.. I don't drink coffee..
    What's it like?? I'm thinking about getting a part-time weekend job at a local starbucks. Yes, kids... credit card bills can be a b*tch.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keemameelia
    reality tv fan - does your first grader drive you insane like mine does?????? I think he's more work than my two babies!

Hi!

I think we're in the same boat....mine just started first grade the other week, and all I've been hearing is ''MOM, I'm not going to school'', he's driving me bonkers...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    What's it like?? I'm thinking about getting a part-time weekend job at a local starbucks. Yes, kids... credit card bills can be a b*tch.
    Eh.. it's ok. A lot of stuff you gotta know though. They give part-time benifits though.. so work 20 hours a week and you have benifits. If I get a serving job.. I will likely keep part-time hours at The Bucks for the benifits.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I work as a Labor and Delivery Nurse in a High Risk Maternity Hospital in San Francisco.
    I love it most of the time. We are very busy an average 6,000 births a year!
    Right now though Im on disability, for hyperemesis. (excessive vomiting) The thought of taking care of pregnant women while I'm nauseated and pregnant doesnt appeal to me!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I am a stay at mom to my 2 1/2 year old daughter and my 14 month old son

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Eh.. it's ok. A lot of stuff you gotta know though. They give part-time benifits though.. so work 20 hours a week and you have benifits. If I get a serving job.. I will likely keep part-time hours at The Bucks for the benifits.
    Thanks for the info!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    I work as a Labor and Delivery Nurse in a High Risk Maternity Hospital in San Francisco.
    I love it most of the time. We are very busy an average 6,000 births a year!
    Right now though Im on disability, for hyperemesis. (excessive vomiting) The thought of taking care of pregnant women while I'm nauseated and pregnant doesnt appeal to me!
    There is probably never a dull moment at your job. It must be fun, getting to hang out with the little ones fresh out of the oven

PSi
    i work for NBAtv for the most part and overtime comes either in A&E, History Channel, their respective digital counterparts, or NFL

Lol.. I am shocked to be the first on here to say this..

I work at Starbucks. I just moved to Toronto, and wasn't able to find a waitering job in a place that was accessable to me.. so I got a job at Starbucks. Only problem I have.. I don't drink coffee..
    Matt... try their hot caramel apple cider with the whipped cream. It was my absolute hero in the winters and seeing as how there's a Starbucks on every corner in NYC there were times when I'd get several in a daily walk.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Wheatfield, NY (outside of Niagara Falls)
    I am a pharmacist in a grocery store chain in western New York (and its not Tops, so those of you familiar with the area can probably figure it out). I am a "floater" pharmacist, which means I am a nomad who fills in at all the different stores in Buffalo, Jamestown, and Erie PA (since I'm licensed in two states). This has been my full-time career since graduating in April, and I really like it.

I also like having a steady paycheck for the first time in my life!
    "The fact is, sometimes its hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then- to make the walk a little more fun."

--Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

+ Reply to Thread