+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absent minded

Jay

Absent minded

What were some of your absent minded moments, you know the ones where you mentally slapped your forehead after they happened? I'm sure we have all had them.

1) I went to the store to buy some groceries. After coming home I realized that the polo shirt I was wearing was backwards. The seams and label were clearly facing out. I can't begin to imagine what the person behind me in line must have been thinking.

2) I was looking for my keys before going out. I searched high and low and couldn't find them. I opened the front door and sure enough, they were hanging from the lock. They were out there overnight.

I have a bad habit of doing the good old asking someone if they have seen where you put something while it is on your person.

Ex:

Me: Have you seen my sunglasses?

Other person: They're on top of your head.

Me:

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I constantly loose my cordless phone in my house. And I know that I can press the pager button on the base, but I stubbornly don't do it because it feels like I'm giving into my memory problem!

This worries me though:

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    2) I was looking for my keys before going out. I searched high and low and couldn't find them. I opened the front door and sure enough, they were hanging from the lock. They were out there overnight.
    A woman in my town was killed by one of our 3 serial killers because she did this very thing. Be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    A woman in my town was killed by one of our 3 serial killers because she did this very thing. Be careful!

Good heavens, PG--where do you live ???
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Jay
    Luckily I live in a fairly sedate part of town so I wasn't worried. If I lived downtown I would have changed the locks pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Luckily I live in a fairly sedate part of town so I wasn't worried. If I lived downtown I would have changed the locks pronto.
    Is it true that most people in Canada don't lock their doors when they're at home?

Jay
    I would guess that may be true in small rural communities but not in the cities.

Just curious. The only time I ever lock my front door is if I know I'm going to be gone all day (work, visiting relatives, etc.).

End threadjack

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    Good heavens, PG--where do you live ???
    Baton Rouge...home to 3 serial killers (operating at the same time) of which 2 have been caught & the 3rd, who preys on 'women of dangerous lifestyles' is still out there. Baton Rouge is also the birthplace of one of those American Taliban guys (don't remember which one) and the Beltway sniper. As I always tell my Buffy-friendly friends, I'm certain I live on a hellmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    Is it true that most people in Canada don't lock their doors when they're at home?
    Only the stupid ones!

I was born in the 50's, and grew up in a very small town where everybody knew everybody. I think it was about the 70's before we started locking our door. But I don't know anybody who leaves their door unlocked these days.

As for being absent-minded, I lose the occasional umbrella but that's about it.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast