+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Absent minded

Quote Originally Posted by charlottej
    Also, when my husband and I lived in Charleston, SC, I almost burned the house down. I had some laundry in the community laundry room and decided to pop some popcorn while I waited. I poured the oil and popcorn into a frying pan (the BEST way to make popcorn, IMO) and sat down. About one minute later, I decided the popcorn may take a few minutes, so I would go down and quickly grab the laundry out of the dryer. Somewhere between that thought and actually arriving at the laundry room door, a maximum of 1 minute, I forgot the popcorn was on the stove. I decided to go ahead and fold the laundry while I was down there.

10 minutes later I'm happily strolling back to my apartment with my basket of folded laundry and I see black smoke billowing out of my windows. I run upstairs to find, you guessed it, the popcorn burning on the stove. I got the fire out (not a big fire, just mainly smoke), but the whole apartment was smokey and smelled of burnt popcorn. When my husband got home, I had all the windows open, the fans going full blast, and the front door standing wide open to try to air it out. He just rolled his eyes when I told him the story. The worst part about it is our clothes smelled of burnt popcorn for weeks.
    Yikes! And I thought I was clumsy.....you have definitely had a lot of trips to the ER. Now that you're a new mother, you'll have to work on that.

My sister and I also started a kitchen fire making popcorn the first time my parents left us alone without a babysitter. I think we were around 10 and 12, old enough to know better, and this was a big step for my parents. This was in the 60's, and microwaves were not invented yet , so we were making it on the stove with oil. We started the process and then promptly forgot about it and the next thing we knew there was fire and black smoke was singeing the wall behind the stove. I threw water on it and it flared wildly, then we grabbed the flour container, and threw that all over. The flour put out the fire, and we were left with black soot on the wall, and wet clumps of flour everywhere. My parents came home mid-cleanup, and we were crying blobs of flesh. My parents didn't leave us alone again for many years after that.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but many times I call someone and I don't remember who I am calling, so whenever the person picks up it is a surprise.

Sometimes I even call the wrong person, and that is even a bigger surprise to hear their voice when I am expecting someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I always forget that I am cooking something; I have been known to even burn a water pot empty I have a timer now, but sometimes I forget to set it on...
    I do that all the time...I put on some water to make iced tea and walk off, letting the pot boil dry

I'm bad for stopping at the grocery store for a specific item, then when I get home I realize I got everything but that one item.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    My life is filled with absent-minded moments.
    Only I'm so absent-minded, I can't remember any instances at the moment!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    I'm bad for stopping at the grocery store for a specific item, then when I get home I realize I got everything but that one item.
    I do that all the time too.

BTW, has anyone seen my keys?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123