+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Absent minded

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    My life is filled with absent-minded moments.

One time, I was looking for my little pink superball that I was just fooling around with but I forgot where I put it. I started looking for it and then I found it. I was holding it the whole time.

in banana world
    I always put my car keys in my pocket when I'm heading out the door, but I do it so out of instinct, that sometimes I go crazy looking for it everywhere...only to realize it's been in my pocket the whole time!

I always have trouble remembering my cell phone number. I have moved a few times and had to get new phone numbers for my landline plus I changed cell companies twice (with a new number). I rarely use my cell phone, but still.

I always put paperwork that needs to be filled out and returned on my desk along with any other crap that I'm planning on going through at a later date. I then clean my desk and throw out excess papers without thoroughly looking through it. Today I realized that I tossed out the band registration forms for my son which are due tomorrow, guess I'll be in the office first thing. *smacks head* I need those little stackable bins so I can just toss them in the right spot instead of the pile of doom.

I love the "pile of doom" reference weewitch.
    That sounds like my drawer at work (I don't rate a desk) and my dresser at home.

Plus I'm famous for the search for my keys to find them in my pocket or purse already.

I can never remember my cell phone number, I have it written in about 300 places.

Plus I'm horrible at names, good at remembering faces but names escape me all the time, I know this woman at work...can't remember if she is Laura, Linda or Lori. I have no clue, I have to talk to her all the time, I've worked with her for almost 3 years and I can't remember which 'L" name she is.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I can never remember my cell phone number, I have it written in about 300 places.
    I programmed mine into the display for that very reason.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I was gonna reply to this last night and totally spaced it, darn it!

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    That's exactly what I wrote!

I always forget that I am cooking something; I have been known to even burn a water pot empty I have a timer now, but sometimes I forget to set it on...
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Angel boy
    OK, I am a super clumsy person. My mother used to call me "Sister Grace" when I was growing up because I always ended up either hurting myself or finding myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Examples:
    Between the ages of 3 and 7 or so, I was on a first name basis with the ER nurses. In that span of time, I drank a bottle of fingernail polish remover and had to have my stomach pumped, was standing on the toilet snooping in the cabinet above it, fell, and smacked my head on the bathtub. Had to go have it sewn up. Was playing hide and seek with my little brother and walked into the corner of the closet that jutted out from the wall. This required 7 stiches in my head. I was standing beside my aunt while she was reaching for something in her cabinet and a glass bottle of cough medicine fell out onto the counter and smashed right in my face. Had to go have the glass cleaned out of my eyes. Was snooping (again) in the closet and a wire coat hanger somehow fell and lodged in between my eyeball and bottom eyelid. Had to go to, yep you guessed it!, the ER to have it removed. Many more examples, yet I think you get the point. If this all were happening in this day and time, my poor mother would have been investigated, if not arrested, for child abuse, although she never laid a hand on me. (Except that occasional belt spanking on the bare bottom, that I deserved!) Not exactly absent-minded stories, however, these occurrences led the way for a very clumsy road ahead. Like my husband says, if I'm around, expect something bad to happen.

Also, when my husband and I lived in Charleston, SC, I almost burned the house down. I had some laundry in the community laundry room and decided to pop some popcorn while I waited. I poured the oil and popcorn into a frying pan (the BEST way to make popcorn, IMO) and sat down. About one minute later, I decided the popcorn may take a few minutes, so I would go down and quickly grab the laundry out of the dryer. Somewhere between that thought and actually arriving at the laundry room door, a maximum of 1 minute, I forgot the popcorn was on the stove. I decided to go ahead and fold the laundry while I was down there.

10 minutes later I'm happily strolling back to my apartment with my basket of folded laundry and I see black smoke billowing out of my windows. I run upstairs to find, you guessed it, the popcorn burning on the stove. I got the fire out (not a big fire, just mainly smoke), but the whole apartment was smokey and smelled of burnt popcorn. When my husband got home, I had all the windows open, the fans going full blast, and the front door standing wide open to try to air it out. He just rolled his eyes when I told him the story. The worst part about it is our clothes smelled of burnt popcorn for weeks.
    America- love it or leave it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast