+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    ok, the good news is that I got the friday night/saturday morning show also on the radio station so I am the weekend overnight guy from 12 am to 6am, another day and more hours for me.

side note....good luck JD and hope that operation for him goes well.
    Thanks for the sidenote.... he's doing fine.

So...more work hours for you? Hmmm....that sounds like more roulette hours for me, right? You're going to teach me how to play roulette? Or was I going to show you how to play roulette? I know there was a middle-of-the-night conversation about it somewhere....

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Gabe, dude, I've been single* for three years. He's not quite ready to be caught by me yet.
    heck, I am!!!!!! bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    So...more work hours for you? Hmmm....that sounds like more roulette hours for me, right? You're going to teach me how to play roulette? Or was I going to show you how to play roulette? I know there was a middle-of-the-night conversation about it somewhere....
    I thought it was spin the bottle then work our way up to spin the roulette wheel.......
    Last edited by joeguy; 07-10-2005 at 09:03 PM.

Premium Member
    joeguy and J.D. Great news for you both!

Today is my first day of work and already I am visiting FORT on my lunch break. Hopefully I will be able to maintain control throughout the rest of the day and actually get some work done.

dberk
    Old habits die hard

Good luck on your first day!
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I just registered for classes and got every course I wanted! I was fairly certain that I'd get everything I wanted, but now it's a done deal! It's finally starting to feel real to me. I was never this excited about school before. Things really have changed since the last time I was in school too. I registered online (the last time I registered, phone registration was super hi-tech!) and immediately knew that I got the courses I wanted. On the page displaying your schedule, there is link to the bookstore. You can buy all your books online and have them delivered. So many changes in less than 10 years.

Congrats joeguy!

dberk - I hope the new job is going great!

J.D - I've got my fingers crossed for you!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I just registered for classes and got every course I wanted! I was fairly certain that I'd get everything I wanted, but now it's a done deal! It's finally starting to feel real to me. I was never this excited about school before.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's fantastic news, Critical!!

I'm so proud of you and I'm just thrilled for you, too. I am a big believer in the value of an education so I'm just very happy to know that your plans are working out so well and, even better, to see that you're so HAPPY about it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Things really have changed since the last time I was in school too. I registered online (the last time I registered, phone registration was super hi-tech!) and immediately knew that I got the courses I wanted. On the page displaying your schedule, there is link to the bookstore. You can buy all your books online and have them delivered. So many changes in less than 10 years.
    WOW, what a shock it must be!!! I plan on enrolling in school in September 2006 and that's 20 years after I graduated from college!! I'll bet things have REALLY changed since then!!!

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to order all your books online and that they'll be delivered to your door!!!

Um, I trust Leviathan will be in that pile, huh???

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    WOW, what a shock it must be!!! I plan on enrolling in school in September 2006 and that's 20 years after I graduated from college!! I'll bet things have REALLY changed since then!!!

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to order all your books online and that they'll be delivered to your door!!!
    Thanks for the congrats, Pom I'm not paying to have the books delivered because it's just too expensive - it's $5.50 for the first book and then about $.50 for every book after that. You can buy them and go pick them up, which is what I will do. I live about 1/4 mile from campus, so it's not a huge problem to pick them up.

It is definitely surprising to see how much has changed! When I went to orientation last month, they talked about how you needed to be sure your cell phone was turned off during class. The last time I was in school, I knew exactly one person who had a cell phone and it probably weight about a pound!

Um, I trust Leviathan will be in that pile, huh???
    Um, yeah.... sure it is......
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Critical! That's great news!!!

dberk - how was your first day?? Glad you could check the Fort!

I shared my news in another thread, but I'll share here too - I'm pregnant I'm almost 12 weeks and nervous and excited and scared and happy and thrilled and petrified!

Congrats Marybeth. I can certainly understand all the emotions.

+ Reply to Thread