+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Geek - I'm so relieved for you! Give your sis a hug from all of us. dberk - congratulations! I hope this turns out to be a long-term happy workplace for you. Lucy - I still bring a book whenever I'm on the computer. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford an upgrade. Obviously mine is good enough to get me here on a regular basis, so that's all that matters. My MRI biopsy got switched to today suddenly yesterday and I need my mammos for it. This they tell me an hour and 15 min. before they close and I live an hour away. So yesterday at 4 I had to rush to Worcester to get my mammos for an 8 a.m. departure for Boston this morning. Mapquest gave me a 13 step set of directions. The last 5 steps were all under a mile apart (.1, .3, etc.) so I called in a favor from a friend who knows Boston and she will drive me. So if anyone is on this early with a prayer to spare... 10:30 they will be doing a biopsy just an inch away from my surgery incision. The chances are small that it's more cancer, but let's not take that chance. I'll let you know how it went when I get back this afternoon. Critcal - have fun painting. I don't see why you would need a primer at all! Congratulations on the move to full time and paying the bills! Yippee!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    So if anyone is on this early with a prayer to spare... !
    You've got it Gut.

You've got it from us here in Milwaukee Gutmutter.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Well I was all ready to email Gutmutter with my tale of woe but checked in here first. I'm glad that I did.
    I read here often and have you all in my thoughts. I'm so glad to hear that things seem to be going well for most of you. Best luck with the new jobs and especially, I'm pleased that Geek's sister is well and safe.
    Have a good day everyone.

Oh, and Critical, you won't need to use anything except your paint. Just be sure that the wall is clean of dust and that there is no greasy residue in the kitchen. One good thing to do is to put an old pillowcase or t shirt on your broom and sweep down the walls and around where the ceiling and wall meet. Pay special attention to the corners too.
    Last edited by Muduh; 07-08-2005 at 06:49 AM.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Okay, I'm not exactly sure where this should go. Maybe it needs it's own thread.

I have met a man. A very nice one, a real person, not a virtual one for a change. "Dr. R.S." (A doctah! Yeah, well, we know how that lawyer incident turned out. ) It's only been a short time that we've been talking, but have known of each other for about a year or so. He is intellingent, well-spoken and most importantly has that sense of humor that I desperately crave. He has caused me to think seriously and with a new attitude about some serious and spiritual issues I've had in my life (i.e., the Bruce chronicles). So that is the good news part.

Do I finish the rest in the bad news thread?

He didn't tell me until a few days ago that he is going in for open heart surgery today. I guess he's in there right now, as I look at the clock. I am a firm believer that there are no meaningless coincidences. I wonder if I'll find out why it took us until now to actually meet, just before such a serious surgery. I just felt the need to write it down - and (im)patiently wait.

TGIF - what a week.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Great news from all of you! JD-I believe you met him at the right time! I believe there are reasons in life of why or when things happen. Gut, keep on thinking good positive thoughts. Great news on the new computer! Critical-I love to paint so let me know if you need help!

I don't really have good "news" per se, but just something that's been making me feel really good for the past week or so. I've been having a rough time at work, our company is in financial trouble and I haven't exactly been the star that I'd like to be for my boss. Well, finally, last week things started turning around.

First we got reports from corporate with ranking info on them of items that they are tracking and I've moved from dead last place to 1st in my district and 3rd in the division....on those forms it also shows our total department sales and I've always been in the top 10, but now I'm at #3 for the division (which is nearly 200 stores). Then add to it that I moved up to the #2 gross profit for my district. Big strides on things that I've been working really hard on and pushing my crew to work on as well, I FINALLY feel that the star is beginning to shine again.

Also this week my customers have really been making me smile (for a change). On the 4th one of my very regular guys did a huge cookout and brought my entire crew food so that we could enjoy lunch on him "cause y'all always take such good care of me and my family". (mind you, I wouldn't take food from just anybody, but I know this guy really well from helping him twice a day for the past 2+ years and totally trust him) Then today one of my regular ladies that's been away visiting her family in India came back and brought the 2 of us ladies in my department BEAUTIFUL hand beaded shirts. These couple of great customers really made my week this week.

Well of COURSE that's good news, libs!
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Nice job Libs. It makes it all worth it doesn't it?

Thats great about the new man, JD. It is hard to find someone that you can connect with in this world! I will be praying for his speedy recovery!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread