+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree783Likes

Thread: Share your good news

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Congrats dberk!

Yay geek - I'm so glad your sister is safe and sound

ClosetNerd - YAHOO for you! Best of luck with the versioning - hope it doesn't hurt too much and Ash makes a non-sunny-side-up appearance!!

Congrats, dberk!

, ClosetNerd. I can't wait for him to show up so we can see pictures. Babies are so cute.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

This is nothing near so great as a new job or an almost-arrived baby (congrats to Dberk and closet nerd) but I have a new home computer! It arrived tonight, I've got it set up and it WORKS! And it's so PRETTY and sleek! And so fast! My old one was a 1999 that was so slow I could have probably just walked to y'all's houses and talked to you in the time it took me to do anything online. I'm so excited!
    *zips off*
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Closet, congratulations and good luck in your de-breeching.

Lucy, your news is just as wonderful. I was dealing with a 1998 relic until I got updated in January. What an amazing experience that was...have fun zipping!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Lucy have fun and welcome to the new millenium!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    yay Lucy!!!
    If you're ever in NY, feel free to stop by - you don't need your PC to talk to me

Thanks, y'all! Three hours later and I still love it! I can burn CDs!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

dberk: congrats on the job!
    Lucy: congrats on now owning a working computer!

Congrats dberk, closet nerd, and Lucy! All of you have great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Thanks, y'all! Three hours later and I still love it! I can burn CDs!
    Lucy - you sound like me when I got my "new" computer about a year or so ago! I was copying everything! It is nice to get online and not have to read a book while you're waiting for pages to load!

Congrats on the job dberk! The job market is hard all over, so when you finally find a good one, it's like striking gold.

Gutmutter - I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well I think we've got a pretty good prayer circle around here

geek - wonderful news about your sister! I remember how I felt on 9-11 when I had close friends who worked in and near the Pentagon.

Pom - yeah, I'll get back to you about Leviathan

Closet - congrats! We will all eagerly await the pictures!

My good new is that the painting of my apartment is under way! I painted a little accent wall a lovely deep terra cotta and the apartment manager (who was true to her word - yay) delivered a 5 gallon bucket of paint to my doorstep yesterday! I have to wait until I can afford rollers and paint trays, etc. before I really get down to business, but I love the fact that the changes are coming! On that note: does anyone know if I need to prime the walls if I'm just putting up a new coat of the same exact paint (color and type)? I'm hoping I just have to use a little TSP and then paint away. Keep in mind that this is an apartment - not a home that I own

Oh... and I went to full-time status this week with my new job (it was about 30 hours last week, which was not going to pay the bills). So - while it isn't the perfect job, now I won't have to get off my lazy butt and try to find another one!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread