+ Reply to Thread
Page 939 of 939 FirstFirst ... 439839889929930931932933934935936937938939
Results 9,381 to 9,389 of 9389
Like Tree4004Likes

Thread: Share your good news

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

What a wonderful (early) Christmas gift, redsox girl. So happy to hear your health is improving greatly.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    redsox girl likes this.

Wishing you the best Redsoxs!
    redsox girl likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Congrats redsox on your improving health, and to those with new babies in their lives!!

I needed to come share today because I have news that I'm not sharing widely yet in my "real" life, and it is unbearable!! A few weeks ago I accepted a new job! I have spent nearly my entire adult life at my current job, and for a long time I thought I would be here until I retired. However, last spring I was hit by a layoff. Fortunately for me, I was able to find another job internally at the 11th hour and was able to stay. But it really got me thinking about my long term career. I love my co-workers, but the culture of the company has really changed over the years. So even after I found out I was secure in a new job, I kept interviewing externally and was eventually able to land a really great opportunity! I can't announce to my management for about 11 more days, and it's driving me crazy both because I'm excited and because I feel like I'm going through the motions acting like I'm going to be here long term when I know I'm not.
    Punkin, Brooks, beerbelly and 10 others like this.

Congratulations ClosetRTWatcher! 11 more days of an alternative reality and then you can bust forward! A whole new life ahead of you!

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Your secret is safe with us . . . CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    I'm Paula.

redsoxgirl, that is such WICKED COOL news!!! Always remember (as my Mom tells all of us daily) ...

"Your Health is Your WEALTH"!!!

CRTW.....so much AWESOMENESS!!! Must be killing you to have to keep QUIET!!!

I am SOOOOO glad you are able to share here and at least tell all your FoRT FANS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    KAREN

CRTW!! That is great news! It's great to challenge yourself and do something new!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Congrats redsox on your improving health, and to those with new babies in their lives!!

I needed to come share today because I have news that I'm not sharing widely yet in my "real" life, and it is unbearable!! A few weeks ago I accepted a new job! I have spent nearly my entire adult life at my current job, and for a long time I thought I would be here until I retired. However, last spring I was hit by a layoff. Fortunately for me, I was able to find another job internally at the 11th hour and was able to stay. But it really got me thinking about my long term career. I love my co-workers, but the culture of the company has really changed over the years. So even after I found out I was secure in a new job, I kept interviewing externally and was eventually able to land a really great opportunity! I can't announce to my management for about 11 more days, and it's driving me crazy both because I'm excited and because I feel like I'm going through the motions acting like I'm going to be here long term when I know I'm not.
    How exciting! Best wishes to you, Closet!!!

ClosetRTWatcher, that is why I like FORT - we can share things here that we might not like to say out loud in our real lives. Your news is wonderful! I was faced with the possibility of my library job going away 7 years ago and it did get reduced, but I figured out ways to add some income by working an extra job in the summer. It turns out that I got to learn much more about technology and have a great time in that job! It stoked up my inner nerd! I hope your new job is just as stimulating for you! Hopefully you will be able to stay in touch with your coworkers that you like after you leave for the new job.

+ Reply to Thread