+ Reply to Thread
Page 937 of 940 FirstFirst ... 437837887927928929930931932933934935936937938939940 LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 9391
Like Tree4017Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

The garage door opener I had installed with the new garage door this spring is malfunctioning. Started last thursday. I called the installer and let him know it is messing up because it has a 1yr warranty on parts and labor. He hasn't shown up yet. But last night I found another company to fix it. They emailed me a potential fix so they won't have to come out that I'll try when I get home tonight. But I'm so relieved to have another option if the installer keeps flaking out. It's getting close to snow season here and I want to be able to use my garage before it gets icy and snowy.
    Gutmutter, PGM35 and Cootie like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Happy am I . . . the Cox installer has been here since 10:00 this morning, and we now have internet. When he finishes, our TVs and phone should also be operational. I've missed my shows and my ability to post on FB and websites. Confession: I went over my data plan this month.

I don't care. LOL.
    beerbelly, Cootie and Eastcoastmom like this.
    I'm Paula.

I do an event for my business in Santa Rosa every December. Since the fires, I've been worried that they would cancel the event and I'd lose that income (it's one of my most profitable events of the entire year). In light of the horror over in Sonoma County, I didn't want to contact the organizers and ask because I would have felt like the most self-centered and insensitive person ever. Still, I was worried about the possible loss of that income.

I woke up this morning to an email from the organizers that the event is going forward! I expect my profits to be down this year, but at least I'm not out ALL of potential profits. I made my hotel reservations a little while ago. I'm SO happy and relieved!
    Punkin, Brooks, Gutmutter and 5 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Hubby and I had a couple of medical appointments today - both of us for eyes, and me for my annual wellness physical. Did well at the eye exams - my eyesight is really good following my cataract surgeries, and he has a very slight cataract in one eye, but the doctor doesn't think anything will be needed to be done for a good 5 years or so.

Then my wellness check was as expected: weight is up a bit (I'm blaming it on not eating wisely during our move), cholesterol probably sucks (just had the blood work done today, so that will be confirmed). Doctor knows I will not go on statins, but that I will cooperate with improved eating (of less), and - as soon as my plantar fasciitis heals - we'll be back to walking for an hour a day.

At 70, I can't complain.
    I'm Paula.

Glad to hear youíre doing so well!
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    My closing was on Monday and I signed the papers so the house is mine! The checks to all my creditors and bills go out on Friday (the funding of the loan) so my old home mortgage gets paid off and the car and the credit cards! WooHoo! House appraised at $200K and I am borrowing $153K. So after they took about $14K in fees and closing costs and escrow for insurance and taxes for next year and the rest of this year - I paid off $100K on my old loan and $39K in debts that Mike and I had accumulated in 14 years. I thought I'd walk away with some money but it turned out I was going to owe $1,000. The lender gave me a lender credit! Whew! $0 due at Closing! Starting over with only owing my sister and my boss - they helped me pay down my cards some to get my credit rating raised higher and that was necessary for the approval. I'll get them paid back over a few months with the money I'll be saving monthly plus I don't have to pay my new loan til December and I get my escrow balance back from the old loan so I'll have it in no time! I'm thankful for all the support I had in this and I am so happy to finally have Mike off the loan on the house and the loan on my car. It's a really good feeling!
    I am so happy for you!!! You are such an inspiration. I hope you are proud of yourself because you had so much weighing on you. So many things to figure out- all the financial issues-the stress, I even remember how worried you were about not possibly seeing one of the dogs(which can be heartbreaking).
    I really am so happy for you, PGM35. You put your heat and soul into creating a whole new life for yourself under not so easy circumstances.
    I can't stop smiling for you.
    Brooks, Gutmutter, PGM35 and 1 others like this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I am so happy for you!!! You are such an inspiration. I hope you are proud of yourself because you had so much weighing on you. So many things to figure out- all the financial issues-the stress, I even remember how worried you were about not possibly seeing one of the dogs(which can be heartbreaking).
    I really am so happy for you, PGM35. You put your heat and soul into creating a whole new life for yourself under not so easy circumstances.
    I can't stop smiling for you.
    Oh my goodness - thank you so much!! I was with my parents the other day, taking my dad for his neurologist appointment and telling them how a really good friend of mine was saying how proud she was of me for doing this as well. My dad got choked up and said, ďWe are proud of you too!! We might not say it but we really are!Ē Well gosh if that didnít feel good to hear-just like this! Thank you so much redsox girl!

So many times I thought the Loan wouldnít go through or I wouldnít be approved! I would just get so discouraged about it all but kept pushing through hoping and praying and keeping on the due course! Iím still watching my credit report and it recently jumped anout 80 more points with the car and Loan payoffs. I didnít think Iíd be in the 700s but I am!! And not sure if I said but I had to get a new AC system during all this that was financed with a 4 year Loan. Well the interest rate on that 4 yr Loan was a little high (due to my credit rating not being the best) so I decided to pay it off with my lower interest rate CC that had just been paid down and pay more toward that monthly. That was what I paid my boss and sister back with as well (well 1/2 of what I owe my sisiter who said to take my time paying her back).

Iíve been extremely blessed to have the help I had and been able to handle this situation that Iím grateful worked out in the end. Iíve also paid it forward by helping out a young single mother who has been struggling financially who has been placed in my circle of friends. Everything happens for a reason right? Sheís already paid me back 3/4 if what I lent her and working on paying back the rest but I know she will - she is going to school and working full time and has part-time custody of her kids - the ex has primary custody.

Again, thank you for your kind words!
    Last edited by PGM35; 11-07-2017 at 07:05 AM.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

It has been a busy two weeks here in my neck of the woods, and I am just getting around to posting that my newest grandbaby has arrived!!!

The hubs and I have three children - one son, two daughters. My son has a daughter (14) from a previous relationship and a son (3) with his wife. My elder daughter and her husband have a daughter (4). My younger daughter married a guy who was divorced and has two daughters (12 and 8). They just welcomed another little princess to the family.

Jessica Laurynn (that's how they are spelling her middle name) was born on November 3rd weighing in at 6 lbs. 10.8 oz and 18 inches. She is such a sweetheart. Adorable too!

We will be celebrating Thanksgiving here at my house this year - all 14 of us!!! - so I plan on taking several photos and having Christmas cards made up of all the kids gathered around the new baby.

Since it has been years since I have posted a photo on here, I hope to get it all figured out soon so I can show off my little ones!
    Punkin, Brooks, beerbelly and 6 others like this.

Congratulations Mama!!!! Oooh share pics and your Thanksgiving sounds like pure heaven!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Oh, a November 3 baby!!! I welcome her to a very special club. Congratulatons!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread