+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4247Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I think it's the right thing to do, which makes me feel good about myself. I also want to show her children how much she was loved and that they have an Auntie in NYC if they ever need me. It's certainly not going to be an easy trip, but easy isn't always best.
    Gutmutter, PGM35, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Fingers and toes crossed for you, PGM!! Good Luck! You deserve all good things!
    PGM35 likes this.
    Lynda

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I finally got my bike in working order again! It had gotten a flat back tire a few weeks ago and I had quite an ordeal getting it repaired. First, I ordered the wrong size tires so I had to order a new set. Then the second tires got delayed by the hurricane. They were scheduled to arrive September 11 (the day Hurricane Irma hit my area) but that got delayed to the 13th. Then when I put the tires on, they were rubbing against the fenders and making a racket. I took my bike to Dick's Sporting Goods at morning break and they fixed it in a few minutes and didn't charge anything!

I noticed when I got the bike back to work, the front tire sounds like it's still hitting the fender a bit. I'm going to try riding it at my afternoon break and if there's still a problem, I'll take it back to Dick's after work.
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Well I'm happy because I can wear my dark glasses again. yay. In a medical building a couple of days ago I noticed an eyeglass place when I got off the elevator...ding, ding, ding - a bell (no not the elevator bell) goes off and, as there weren't any customers I walked in and asked if the man could fix them. He did. So happy to put them on to wear out in the sun without squinting against glare taking place.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I finally got my bike in working order again! It had gotten a flat back tire a few weeks ago and I had quite an ordeal getting it repaired. First, I ordered the wrong size tires so I had to order a new set. Then the second tires got delayed by the hurricane. They were scheduled to arrive September 11 (the day Hurricane Irma hit my area) but that got delayed to the 13th. Then when I put the tires on, they were rubbing against the fenders and making a racket. I took my bike to Dick's Sporting Goods at morning break and they fixed it in a few minutes and didn't charge anything!

I noticed when I got the bike back to work, the front tire sounds like it's still hitting the fender a bit. I'm going to try riding it at my afternoon break and if there's still a problem, I'll take it back to Dick's after work.
    My daughter's bike has a frame out of some soft metal. That happens all the time and you just have to adjust the fender. If you can't do it yourself, ask them to show you how they're doing it.
    Count your blessings!

One year ago we closed on our purchase of 12 acres of land.
    Yesterday our builder dug the hole for the basement of our new home.
    To say that I am excited is an understatement - I am ecstatic!
    Punkin, Brooks, beerbelly and 8 others like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

So excited!

Our realtor called last night and said the woman we're buying our home from will be out a little early, so we can do the settlement Saturday instead of waiting until Monday. We have work plans for what we want to do, and we are READY to go. So this is REALLY good news.
    Punkin, Gutmutter, PGM35 and 3 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

My closing was on Monday and I signed the papers so the house is mine! The checks to all my creditors and bills go out on Friday (the funding of the loan) so my old home mortgage gets paid off and the car and the credit cards! WooHoo! House appraised at $200K and I am borrowing $153K. So after they took about $14K in fees and closing costs and escrow for insurance and taxes for next year and the rest of this year - I paid off $100K on my old loan and $39K in debts that Mike and I had accumulated in 14 years. I thought I'd walk away with some money but it turned out I was going to owe $1,000. The lender gave me a lender credit! Whew! $0 due at Closing! Starting over with only owing my sister and my boss - they helped me pay down my cards some to get my credit rating raised higher and that was necessary for the approval. I'll get them paid back over a few months with the money I'll be saving monthly plus I don't have to pay my new loan til December and I get my escrow balance back from the old loan so I'll have it in no time! I'm thankful for all the support I had in this and I am so happy to finally have Mike off the loan on the house and the loan on my car. It's a really good feeling!
    Last edited by PGM35; 10-04-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    Punkin, Brooks, beerbelly and 8 others like this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

Woo hooo!!!! Cheers!!!
    PGM35 likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Yay, great news PGM! Congrats!

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    PGM35 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread