+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4084Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I'm so excited! My son recently re-upped for another four years in the Marine Corp. He has saved up leave time so he can come home for over three weeks. He'll be here at the end of the month. Which means I get a whole month with my grandson

Also, I guess I'm flying back to San Diego in early November for a visit. My son asked if I could go out to babysit while they go to the ball. I'm spending hundreds to fly out for a long weekend just to babysit my boy I find that so funny for some reason. But I'm not saying no!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Punkin, Brooks, beerbelly and 6 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Oh Java! I have such respect for the Marines (I even have a t-shirt!)

Whatever the cost...it's worth it to be with your grandson!
    JavaJo likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm spending hundreds to fly out for a long weekend just to babysit my boy I find that so funny for some reason. But I'm not saying no!!!!
    Believe me, we all totally understand!! Totally! Have fun with your little man!
    beerbelly and JavaJo like this.
    Lynda

I just got back from my daughter's beautiful and simple camping wedding. We were in a place that was off the grid so hopefully I didn't miss greeting any of you on your birthday. And while the wedding was simple by today's standards, it took months of planning and days of hard work! The good news is that the days of camping and eating wonderful food and celebrating with a nice group of friends was lots of fun despite all that work. I would never want to be an event planner but we did okay!
    Punkin, Brooks, beerbelly and 6 others like this.

Congrats, Cootie!!
    Lynda

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I just got back from my daughter's beautiful and simple camping wedding. We were in a place that was off the grid so hopefully I didn't miss greeting any of you on your birthday. And while the wedding was simple by today's standards, it took months of planning and days of hard work! The good news is that the days of camping and eating wonderful food and celebrating with a nice group of friends was lots of fun despite all that work. I would never want to be an event planner but we did okay!
    Sounds so lovely, Cootie. Congratulations to all of you!

First off my parents live in the small town that was in the path of Harvey and the eye sat of them the Saturday night/Early Sunday morning of that weekend. They had come to stay with me though. They went back that Monday to survey damage and although no power or water, no major damage! Thank God. The insurance adjuster inspected just this past Sunday and will be cutting them a check to replace the roof anyway since they did lose a fair amount of shingles and structurally, it's not going to hold another storm. They got off really lucky as a lot of the town didn't fair as well. No loss of life but a lot of damaged houses and flooding in my small hometown of Goliad, TX near Victoria.

Now my semi-good news and I don't want to jinx it but I'm in the home stretch on my refi - I had to wait til Sept for the automatic approval to kick in which was needed for a cash out refi and make it past the August 2016 - for 1 year of no late payments from August to August so on Sept 5th - he couldn't run my credit again on the 2nd b/c he had to wait 30 days from the last run and the 3rd was a Sun and the 4th was a holiday so the 5th! He had to lower the amount I was borrowing from $160K to $149K but either way -he got the approval! I had already given him ALL paperwork - he did the employment check with my company and he ordered the appraisal on Friday which is going to be done tomorrow. Loan is in underwriting now. Last he said that closing would be on Sept 20th. I "STILL" had to borrow money from my sis this month to help me pay bills including the house this month since closing was after the payment due date but hopefully fingers crossed, it will go through and next month, whew, I can breathe! Pay her back, pay my boss back, have a lower house payment, pay off all my bills except 1 since the loan was less, 1 major one is left out but still a major monthly savings, plus my car paid off, plus Mike off the house loan, and off my car loan and I'm rid of him. Ok - like I said, I hope I don't jinx it because it's still only 8 or 9 days from when they said it'll close and the house still needs to be appraised. eeeek. Wish me luck!
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Good Luck, PGM!!!

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Good LUCK!!!!!!

My good news is that I booked my flight and hotel today to celebrate the life of my friend who died before I went on vacation. The flight was SUPER cheap and Alice's best friend is really happy I am coming. I'm happy I made the decision to grieve with friends even though just thinking about Alice brings tears to my eyes.
    Punkin, Brooks, Arielflies and 5 others like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Bless you. It will mean so much to her friend.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread