+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4247Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I hope you were above the flooding, Dogg! So many people have lost so much, homes, jobs, neighborhoods. It will take a long time, if ever, to get their lives back to normal. The rest of the country has to get behind your recovery in a big way. We need your $$$ recovery much more than a $$$ fence at your border. I hope congress will be responsible and FAST in supplying all the aid you all need!
    Orange says he wants to shut down government to get border wall money approved, also wants no government money for Texas recovery. Neither will go his way.... he doesn't know how government works. No wall. No Texas bashing. Most important right now is hurricane/flood recovery money. This monumental tragedy.... so many people suffering.

Americans are behind Texas all the way, and I think Congress will do the right thing in spite of orange.
    Punkin and Stargazer161 like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~
    But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I am leaving for Weirs Beach this Tuesday. I'm so excited. Now, it's supposed to rain on Wednesday and Thursday( the day of the cruise). However, I'm still going to go into the pool. I'll be wet from the water, anyhow. If it isn't sunny on the cruise, that's fine, I'll take some interesting photos of how the rain will affect the view of the lake and islands. I'm bringing my journal, my guitar and some games to play with my Da. WE are also able to bring my dog Alvin. He's an old man now, but still so sweet. He'll enjoy laying in his blanket while watching the world go by on the porch.
    I am alos bringing along my laptop, but only so my dad can enjoy playing hidden object games with me. Or maybe we can catch some Netflix movies. WE can go for a drive up towards one of the old timey General Stores-one has been in continuous operation since the late 1770's. They are loads of fun to look through. I'll have to take everything slow and factor in carrying my oxygen as it gets heavy. But, I'm determined to have a good time. Oh, and we'll stop by one of the many farm stands. I'm hoping to find miniature champagne grapes.
    We'll see how much we actually get done lol. I like to plan big.
    waywyrd, Brooks, Gutmutter and 3 others like this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Planning's half the fun. I'm so happy for you.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Count your blessings!

redsox girl, have a wonderful time! Some of my favorite memories are from the Meredith/Lake Winnie area. At least Harvey has passed through our area.
    Gutmutter and redsox girl like this.

redsox girl I think it's nice to make extra plans. Just decide what's at the top of the list and the rest are icing on the cake. I find it makes it easier to figure out what you want to do if you have extra time you weren't counting on or the weather changes the order of what days you do things in. When I decide ahead of time that an activity/place isn't a "must-see"then it doesn't bother me if it doesn't happen; or at least it's easier to let it go because I know I got to do what was on the top of my list.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I am leaving for Weirs Beach this Tuesday. I'm so excited. Now, it's supposed to rain on Wednesday and Thursday( the day of the cruise). However, I'm still going to go into the pool. I'll be wet from the water, anyhow. If it isn't sunny on the cruise, that's fine, I'll take some interesting photos of how the rain will affect the view of the lake and islands. I'm bringing my journal, my guitar and some games to play with my Da. WE are also able to bring my dog Alvin. He's an old man now, but still so sweet. He'll enjoy laying in his blanket while watching the world go by on the porch.
    I am alos bringing along my laptop, but only so my dad can enjoy playing hidden object games with me. Or maybe we can catch some Netflix movies. WE can go for a drive up towards one of the old timey General Stores-one has been in continuous operation since the late 1770's. They are loads of fun to look through. I'll have to take everything slow and factor in carrying my oxygen as it gets heavy. But, I'm determined to have a good time. Oh, and we'll stop by one of the many farm stands. I'm hoping to find miniature champagne grapes.
    We'll see how much we actually get done lol. I like to plan big.
    Sounds wonderful!
    redsox girl likes this.

I just got back from my vacation. It was wonderful! There were four other single ladies on the trip, and that made it so great!! I biked 7 miles, hiked a mountain, went white water rafting and hiked on a glacier.

I'm proud of myself for not only surviving this vacation, but enjoying every moment!!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Where did you go??
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

I went to Alberta, CAN. To Banff National Park. Soooo beautiful!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I went to Alberta, CAN. To Banff National Park. Soooo beautiful!
    You were only a few hours from me!
    Isn't it beautiful there, gods country! Did you have a good time, I hope Calgary treated you well..x
    beerbelly likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread