+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3882Likes

Thread: Share your good news

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    It's nice to see some positive follow up posts. Too many problems for us all to deal with.
    On my own positive note, I had a 4 month follow up from the cancer doc. Clean bill of health again.
    So happy for you Miss Scarlet!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I got the most wonderful news this morning!!

I've been going through debt consolidation for a few years now and this morning I got a settlement agreement on my credit card that I've had the longest and had the highest balance on. I only have 1 credit card left to settle and then I'll be done with my debt relief program!

Right now, I pay $185 to them each pay period to settle my debts so once I'm done with the program, I'll be able to keep that money. I won't be so broke all the time anymore and I'll be able to start setting aside money to get my household repairs done.

It's such a relief to know that this huge burden will be off my shoulders in a few months and things should just continue getting better and better! I think I might cry tears of joy when that last settlement offer comes through.
    Punkin, dagwood, Brooks and 5 others like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

great news, Pikachu!

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Good for you, Pik! Good job!
    Lynda

AWESOME PIK!!!!
    KAREN

There is light at the end of the tunnel, Pik. Good for you!

My good news is that my younger daughter had her 20-week ultrasound today and she is going to have a baby girl in November!!! Her husband has two daughters from a previous marriage, so my daughter said a baby boy would be nice, but they are both really excited to be adding another daughter to the family

My baby is having a baby! My son has a 14-year-old daughter from a previous relationship (he and his wife now have full custody!). They also have a son who will be 3 in September. My other daughter and her husband have a daughter who just turned 4 in May. So this will be my sixth grandchild (counting my daughter's two stepdaughters)!!! Five girls and one boy!

I can't wait to hold another little one in my arms again!
    Last edited by MamaC; 06-30-2017 at 02:28 AM.
    dagwood, pikachu, Brooks and 7 others like this.

So exciting! Congrats! I have another grandson due in November. It'll be #5 for me!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    So exciting! Congrats! I have another grandson due in November. It'll be #5 for me!
    YEAH!!!! CONGRATS!!!
    JavaJo likes this.
    KAREN

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

My checking account is no longer in the red! Woot!!!!

I had a problem with my last set of bills. Two of them ending up getting double payments so I was overdrafted by over $100. I got a refund for one of the double payments so I actually have money in my account again! I'm so relieved. I still have one more refund coming but it's for a smaller amount.

I'm just glad this all got sorted out before bills were due again.

My co-workers are ordering out Dairy Queen for lunch and I was literally counting my pennies to see if I had enough to join them. Now I know for sure that I can, and I won't have to pay with a mass of pennies!
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Well, I've been home for a little over a week now and everything is simply wonderful! The weather has been perfect! I have been getting out every day and I know where everything is now that I'm back home on the SF Peninsula! It seems I was away for such a long time, yet it was only 4 (miserable) months. Last night my grandson, Ty, and his girlfriend and their 'emotional service' dog, George, flew in from Dallas to stay for a couple of weeks. Today and tonight we are having a big party. Ty's friends, Rawn and Lisa's friends and a few of mine will be here to eat and drink and watch the Mayweather-McGreggor fight tonight. Well, the guys will watch the fight, I doubt any of the girls will be interested. Lisa and I have been cooking all week. Rawn has a 55" flat screen TV mounted on the back wall of the house (we watch TV out there at night when the weather is good and Rawn watches the Giants games from the hot tub) so the guys can watch from outside, though I suspect that every TV in the house will be tuned in.

I just made a big fruit salad for our breakfast and Lisa is making a frittata. It's just so good to be back 'home' with family and friends! Those bleak days of depression and sorrow are behind me and the future is so much brighter!

I wanted to post some pics of the garden, but I keep getting "Upload of file failed".
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread