+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 829 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193593 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

I'm back from the chemo doctor and things went well. I only have to do 4 sessions of chemo starting the 21st, two weeks apart. I haven't looked at a calendar, but it sounds like the last one will be the first week or two of school, but I should have a handle on how I react to it by then. I just love my chemo doctor, so that helps. He took the time to answer every single question I had, drawing on the paper examining table cover for clarification. My friend had to bail out on me at the last minute because her dad is having a health crisis requiring respite care (they built an addition onto their house for her mom and dad when their health started to go to far downhill). I drove myself which was no big deal except right where you have to go from one big interstate to another and then the first exit off of that into the heart of the city, it started pouring torrentially with big trucks spraying water everywhere. I was hunched over the steering wheel, clutching it for dear life and squinting for signs. I'm such a big baby when it comes to driving. The ride home was fine. Thanks to all of you keeping me afloat with your thoughts and prayers. It really is working.
    Count your blessings!

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Today me and the fellow writers at New Youth Connections went to the New York Times building for a tour. It was so interesting. I want to write for them when I grow up. We were there on a historic day, when one of their reporters are going to jail for not giving up a source. It was so exciting.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

Premium Member
    That sounds like good news Gut! You will get through it and keep remembering that we are pulling for you.

FORT Fogey
    It's great to read everyone's good news!!!

annfan CONGRATS on making the decision to do something to make you feel better on so many levels!!! I'm no stranger to the plastic surgeon's blade either (but all you "enquiring minds" will just have to guess why, I'm afraid!), and I never had any regrets, other than not going under the knife earlier in life!!

to Critical on the great school news!!! That's awesome -- education's about the most important thing one can buy, in my opinion, and I'm just thrilled to hear that you're able to continue yours!!! (Um, by the way, missy, whenever you're ready to tell me all about Leviathan I'll be all ears!)

Glitternerfball, babies do ROCK!!! That's such a wonderful thing for you to share 'cause it even brought a smile to MY old face, and I don't even know any of you guys involved!!! Have fun watching her grow up!!

Gut I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! It sounds like the prayers really are working, huh? I'm so glad for you that everything is working out so well each step of the way, and you know we're all here for you for any reason at all!!! Thanks so much for keeping us posted!!

I have a job interview tomorrow. It looks very promising. I'm going to reread the "interview" thread, before I go.

Good luck, dberk. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Good luck, dberk. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Around my house we will, too, dberk -- fingers and paws!!!!

Best of it to you dberk
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Be sure to let us know how it goes dberk! Smile!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Good luck dberk. I'll keep my fingers crossed
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread