+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 830 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192592 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Good news Critical! I know, because every sememster it is a struggle to get my daughter's college to realize her tuition and fees are covered by a full scholarship THEY gave her!!! The flight fees above that are bad enough. So my good news update on the kittens - 3 white kittens, one of which will have 2 different colored eyes (one blue, one green). I'm not psychic. I've been raising white cats a long time and know the genetic markers.
    I had heard that the white ones with different colored eyes are deaf, is that right or is it an old wives tale?

Great news, Critical!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

White kittens are the opposite of Dalmation puppies which are born without spots and get them as they grow. White kittens are born with a black spot on their head which disappears as they grow. If it doesn't have a black spot it will either have two different colored eyes or be deaf. I have been raising white kittens for almost 30 years and have never had a deaf one (and I always check several times before finding homes). Also, if there is a litter of 4 it will always be 3 white and one reflecting the father's coloring. This interests me because I am one of 4 children of a redheaded mother and I'm the only one without red hair. Must be a general genetic (recessive?) trait. Incidently, the mother cat's name is Yin Yang because she was born with a perfect yin yang mark on her head the morning of an opening for a one woman art show I had. That's why I kept her. Good omen.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks, Gutmutter, that is very interesting. I never knew that about white kittens.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

After my crisis of nerves about the long-term effects of chemo yesterday in the "Troubles" thread, e-mailing concerned friends, and talking to folks who have been there, I got one message loud and clear - do the chemo. It only takes one rogue cell to start it all over again. The strange one was when I channel surfed over lunch after a week-long aversion to tv, I found a PBS show on chemo that was very comprehensive and answered a lot of my questions. Hmmmm. Someone pointed me there, I'm sure. People with a prayer to spare - pray that my chemo doctor is inspired to find the right mix of drugs for my treatment. There are so many out there.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Regular
    My good news: I just got breast implants yesterday and they're alrealy making me feel great and giving me more self confidence. I was channeling Yoanna in the breast area but not anymore. Can't wait to buy a bikini.

CCL
    Hm, sounds like kismet was pointing you to PBS. You're friends do have a point about the "one rogue cell to start it all over again." You wouldn't want that to happen. So chemo it is, I guess. I wasn't really aware that there was a mixture of different drugs for chemo. Hmm. I do hope your doctor gets the precise mix that you need.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

annfan - Woohoo! let the wolf whistles begin!
    Count your blessings!

annfan, here's to you having a quick recovery.

Gut, I love PBS. I've seen the most amazing shows on that channel, Big Bird included. Chemo has come a long way, and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your doctor is someone you feel comfortable with, because it can make the whole process just a little easier. Mr. Rose's doctor was wonderful, and we both had a great relationship with him. Doctors who go into this field have a special temperament anyway I would think, but if you can find someone you 'click' with, it certainly helps.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Since I just wrote a novel in the troubles thread, I'll give a little good news - it my friend's, but what the hay -

My friend and his wife just had their first baby on Friday, a little 6 pound baby girl named Cassandra May. He said that holding on to her and looking into her little eyes he finally realizes why fathers want guns , he's so uber-protective. She's a beautiful little girl, born with a full head of black hair. Everybody is happy and healthy and he's already a diaper pro. (and he thanked me for helping form her by feeding his wife, I'm a good baker and made her a few plates of whatever she was craving). He called me on monday with the news and I was almost in tears, I could see his grin over the phone. And this kid will be cared for as he's in pediatric oncology and the mother's a special education pre-school teacher.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Gut - I love PBS too! and Discovery Health. Saw a cool show called "From Conception to Birth". Totally Wild. But I digress....I keep you in my prayers daily and I know that when my Mom was dealing with BC, I prayed for her doctors to keep a steady hand and a clear head. I'll do the same for you and your docs

GNB - Babies ROCK! Congrats to your friend!

Critical - on your tuition!!

+ Reply to Thread