+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 830 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191591 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

I am giving more credit to the angel than my driving. All I remember about the experience is the noise and spinning. I don't remember doing much except for slamming on the brakes. Being in Utah with all the snow in the winter, I know to steer into the skid so I am sure I did that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

It's amazing how the body/mind reacts instinctively in crisis mode. I fell down the last few basement stairs when my youngest was a baby and I was holding her. My body curled around her and slammed my shoulder and arm into the cement wall and she was totally protected... all in a fraction of a second. My good news - after 2 false starts last night and this morning, we are finally having kittens. One white one so far.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Aw, dagwood, I'm so glad you're okay. How scary.

Ooh, gutmutter, the kittens are coming.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Yay, baby kitties. They are so cute. Keep us updated, Gutmutter.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Dagwood - so glad to hear you were not hurt in that highway mishap. Like Mr.Gabriel said, people are such PEOPLE!

Gutmutter - Kitties are so great. My 18 year old has been begging for a kitten. Problem is - he is alergic, and hubby is NOT a cat person. So, it just wouldn't work.

So far just 2 white ones born 3 hours apart. That might be it. She has small litters. My son's girlfriend wanted the white one last time but it was already spoken for, so I think one will go to her. White ones are never hard to find homes for. I'll update in the morning if there are more. She always comes to get me when she goes into labor. My son and I dealt with the flat (low) tire when he got off work and so far it is holding. No sign of a nail or anything, so it might have just gradually gotten low and I didn't notice since it was on the passenger side and I'm the only one who drives it. I'll keep an eye on it and hope that's all it needed.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 07-03-2005 at 09:45 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Gumutter if it is just a nail, you can usually take it to a garage and they can repair it with a "plug" for about $10 or so.

White kittens are soooo cute. My friend has 2 white cats - Sprite and Squirt.

Dagwood - so glad to hear you're okay. Hopefully, karma will get that driver before he/she kills someone. A little scare (like the one you got) should do it, don't you think?

Gutmutter - I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well! Kittens will brighten anyone's day, I think. I have serious "kitten envy." I'd take a new one every few months if I could. I just can't get enough of them. My rule is that I have no more cats than I have bedrooms so: 2 bedrooms, 2 cats.

Pom - good for you for sticking it to that sleazy dentist! In my experience, people like that will do that to you unless you become a huge pain. Unfortunately, most people would just move on and wouldn't make the effort that you did. Definitely report him to BBB, but also post a comment on Rip-off report.com. Most people don't realize that BBB doesn't always make complaints public. BBB makes its money from the BBB members - i.e. the people you may be reporting. It isn't in their best interest to tick off those members. I know this because the scumbag lawyer I used to work for had numerous complaints filed against her, but the BBB told potential clients that there had been no complaints. I saw the complaints, so I know they existed.

My good news is that I got notification from the university that my tuition has been deferred - this means that I've gotten enough financial aid to cover it and I can go ahead and reister. This was a worry because you have to pay before you register and my registration date is next Monday. My aid package still is not enough (it was based on my income from last year, when I was working a "career-type" job), but now I have some time to get that taken care of without worrying about where the tuition money is going to come from. Whew!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Good news Critical! I know, because every sememster it is a struggle to get my daughter's college to realize her tuition and fees are covered by a full scholarship THEY gave her!!! The flight fees above that are bad enough. So my good news update on the kittens - 3 white kittens, one of which will have 2 different colored eyes (one blue, one green). I'm not psychic. I've been raising white cats a long time and know the genetic markers.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    That's great news, Critical! I'm very happy for you.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread