+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 830 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190590 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

dagwood, my heart was in my throat reading that. Brings it home that you never know when you pull out of the driveway, what idiot you will encounter. Do you think the person knew what they had done? I'm so glad you're safe.
    Count your blessings!

Dagwood, Thanks that you are alright! People are just so ...people!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks, guys.

Gutmutter, I honestly don't know if he even had a clue. Although, I can't imagine how he missed the squealing of tires.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thank goodness you are okay Dagwood. I can only imagine how scary that must have been.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    THANKS!!!!

My sister let me be the deciding factor of the name... it was either Isabella or Sophia... and I chose Isabella I love that name so much!

She's only 3 weeks old and everyone is already calling her "Bella"... How gorgeous is that name!!
    I love that name too and told my husband if we have a girl that is going to be her name. He is not a big fan of it, but I will pull the "I carried the baby for 9 months, so I get to name it" card

dagwood, thank goodness you are all right. People can be jerks. I had a lump in my throat when I was reading your post. I'm glad others had the decency to stop and make sure you were okay. I just wish someone had gotten this @ssh**es license plate number so you could have contacted the police.
    Last edited by combatcutie; 07-03-2005 at 12:20 AM.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Dag, I'm so glad you're okay. You're very special to us Forters, and it's scary just to read about it. The same thing happened to me when Lil Rose was 1. A car tried to change lanes right into me, I swerved and miraculously I wasn't hit either...I ended up facing the wrong way on the right shoulder with a blown tire. I had two semi's and another car immediately stop to make sure I was okay. One of the semi drivers changed my tire, so I called his work and told them what a great employee they had. Lil Rose was freaked, but was fine in her car seat. It was a terribly frightening experience. I was to run many errands that day, but afterwards, I simply turned around, went home, cried and shook for quite a while, then called Mr. Rose and he calmed me down. Phew. I definitely had an in my pocket that day.

I have a niece named Isabella, and I love that name.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Bella means beautiful in Italian. Very fitting name for your cutie of a niece, Callie.

Gotta love those semi-drivers, don't you Roseskid? I wish I had gotten the truck number of the driver that turned around and came back. I didn't even think of it at the time.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member
    Dagwood That gives me chills. Part of the reason you didn't crash (besides having an watching over you) is that you must be one heck of a good driver. Not everyone would have been able to handle the car in a situation like that. I'm so glad that nobody was hurt, and that people will still stop to help.

Once I was going to work late at night and when I got to a stoplight a car rear-ended me. Then, he backed up and hit me again, and by the time he finally made himself enough room to drive up onto the median, pass me and take off right throught the red light, he had backed up and hit me about 3 or 4 times. When the light changed I pulled into a gas station to call the police, and about 5 other drivers stopped with me and they all wanted to wait for the police to come. Turned out the guy was drunk, the other drivers said he had been weaving all over the road and they had all taken down his license number just in case he ended up hitting somebody, in fact one of them was a truck driver and had already been trying to call the police on his CB radio. He did almost $1300 damage to my car, but this happened about 16 years ago so that number would probably be lots higher today. I was just overwhelmed by the number of people who stopped to help.

I agree, Marley. That just goes to show there are still some good concerned people in this world who are willing to help a stranger.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread