+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 830 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Speed, glad to hear all is well. Hope it only gets better from here.

Thanks speedbump, I will!

[QUOTE=ADKLove]Does he have a brother?
    Congratulations on your anniversary.

Thanks! Sorry, no brother. He is an only child, and amazingly unspoiled. Great job mom-in-law, he knows how to treat a lady.

My sister, who was evicted from her current apartment, has found a new house.

This is kind of a good news/bad news thing.

Found out yesterday that my business partner (we are both independent consultants, self-employed) is taking a full time job. That means 'our' business now becomes 'my' business.
    Good news - So, I get more work, I get a 20% increase - he got that cause he handled all the contracts, client billings, and company name stuff. More work is good for contractors.
    Bad news - I get more work, I have to come up with a company name, do all the legal work myself, more acctg, more paperwork, new website, etc, etc. And I have to hope I have some status with the big software company that we 'were' in a relationship with based on the old business.

Just a little stressed, a lot excited. Didn't sleep too well last night.

My hubby and I went through the same thing -- not legal field, but had a corporation with one other partner......basically we divorced him, for reasons I won't go into. Suddenly it was necessary to close down the corp. and create a new one, and all the stress and excitement that entails. Take a deep breath, a stiff drink and mull everything over during the weekend. Put a notepad on your nightstand, and as you think of things during the night, take copious notes. It really helps to write something down, and then sort of let it go until morning. Good luck. I know it probably seems overwhelming right now, but I'm sure you'll do just fine.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

This is not my good news but I thought it was something positive I had seen recently and wanted to share.

In the last couple of weeks I've seen several car accidents.........and I've seen someone else unrelated to the accident stop and help the people and with traffice etc... and I think its wonderful to see that there are still good people out there willing to stop what they are doing and help someone.

Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl
    This is not my good news but I thought it was something positive I had seen recently and wanted to share.

In the last couple of weeks I've seen several car accidents.........and I've seen someone else unrelated to the accident stop and help the people and with traffice etc... and I think its wonderful to see that there are still good people out there willing to stop what they are doing and help someone.

You're right about that, but, I thought for sure you were going to tell us that the guy found NO leak.

Muduh you make me Actually the good news for me today is that it only took 2 hours total to drill , fix the leak and cement the hole back.......
    and I was out doing errands most of the time.........

and the other good news is I am alone...........hubby took kids to Dallas to a museum so I'm free.......smile

Sadly there really was a leak.................$700 leak...............
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

I have good news: I finally got my new laptop from Long Island University. I always love opening the box and looking at all the components, start planning out the disk partitions and installing Linux, and get everything working. Okay, I'm a geek!

I'm planning to use SuSe Linux this time, I had Redhat on my Penn State laptop, but they sold out and everyone I know are switching.

I'm really excited!

My good news: I just found out that my older sister and her long time boyfriend are planning on getting married next fall. And I get to be the maid-of-honor! I'm so excited for her!

+ Reply to Thread