+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4247Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Already a mini-celebrity with her first photo shoot under her belt. The world is going to know about Stevie Violet!
    Yes, the photo shoot was in Santa Monica and I asked the kiddos if they saw any celebrities walking around while they were there.

Nope, just OUR STEVIE!!!

Thanks, PIK!!!!
    Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    KAREN

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

What a wonderful photo, momrek! You hit the jackpot with your first grandbaby!
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I'm at a loss for words, Karen! She is beyond precious!

Good for you, Pik! Now you can start watching that FICA score inch up!
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

It's not really news per se. But I was just outside in the rain with my dog standing around pretty still hoping she went poo. Anyhow, something came whizzing by my face that looked like a giant bug so I'm trying to not freak out and hope it just flies by but it didn't. It touched my nose and I was going to swat at it but had the passing thought of what if it survives then what I'm going to do? So I didn't. It backed away from me and I saw it was a tiny humming bird. And it sat in front of me staring at me for about 30 seconds. I got touched by a hummingbird. I think it gave up on me being a flower after it stared at me for awhile and it zipped off.
    Punkin, pikachu, beerbelly and 8 others like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

How sweet, cc. I love that you shared that with us!
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Thanks so much for your sweet words, AZ and PUNKIN!!!

I am having so much FUN!!! I love being a GRAMMIE!!!

Oh chaos, AMAZING!!! A Hummingbird!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Good thing that Hummingbird didn't land in your hair and pull it out by the roots. They have been known to dive bomb.
    causingchaos likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    It's not really news per se. But I was just outside in the rain with my dog standing around pretty still hoping she went poo. Anyhow, something came whizzing by my face that looked like a giant bug so I'm trying to not freak out and hope it just flies by but it didn't. It touched my nose and I was going to swat at it but had the passing thought of what if it survives then what I'm going to do? So I didn't. It backed away from me and I saw it was a tiny humming bird. And it sat in front of me staring at me for about 30 seconds. I got touched by a hummingbird. I think it gave up on me being a flower after it stared at me for awhile and it zipped off.
    How magical!
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    Count your blessings!

I wanted to let you all know the update on my niece's condition. She's 6 years old now. As you know, she has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, an inherited condition that causes tumors to grow in the brain and on organs. She has several in her brain and some near her kidneys. She's suffered from seizures since 2 months of age. Massive medications have kept her someone stable, but this year they stopped being able to control them very well. Everything has been considered, even surgery. She recently had an electrical device implanted that sends signals to the brain to prevent the seizures. (It's a wire and device under the skin on the neck and torso.) They are still adjusting the settings, but so far, so good. We are overjoyed that it looks so good. It's still early though. Here's a link about it.

The Cutting Edge: Research in Deep Brain Stimulation for Epilepsy | Epilepsy Foundation

Due to her condition she has delayed development, but we work with her on many things. I was recently holding a cup that had various animals on it. I pointed to one and asked what it was and she said....DINOSAUR! I could barely believe it! She said a 3 syllable word. I was so proud for her. Her future is looking brighter everyday.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They really have helped so much!
    Punkin, Brooks, Gutmutter and 6 others like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh Debb, what wonderful news! You must be overjoyed. You're such a great aunt. I hope she continues improving daily.
    momrek06 and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread