+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 835 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189589 ... LastLast
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

gut, glad you're doing so well!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Gut, I'm glad everything went well with you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Callie, what a beautiful niece you have. And I have to say how much I LOVE her name.

Pom good for you. I'm glad he saw it your way.

go trees, I am so jealous. Good for you for losing that weight
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Callie, what a beautiful niece you have. And I have to say how much I LOVE her name.
    THANKS!!!!

My sister let me be the deciding factor of the name... it was either Isabella or Sophia... and I chose Isabella I love that name so much!

She's only 3 weeks old and everyone is already calling her "Bella"... How gorgeous is that name!!

My good news today is that I saved a life today and didn't get run over in the process.

Picture this: a door open to the wonderful world with about 20 kids age 3 and under looking for a chance to escape and parents chatting.

One child sees this opportunity for fun and makes a break for it. I run after him as fast as I can in high heel shoes and he runs accross the busiest street in our town without even looking. Luckily he freezes in the middle section and I am able to run across and grab the little man and not get run over in the process.

My reward....the child starts screaming and crying and yelling no. However my church and his parents were very releieved and I am so happy that Jaime is okay.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Oh, that is good news indeed, Jluvs! What a selfless thing to do--you rock.

FORT Fogey
    CONGRATULATIONS, go trees, on that wonderful success!!! I'll bet you feel GREAT now that you've lost that weight just in time for the summer season!!

Callie, I love that pretty name of Bella!!! I'll be keeping that little BellaCutie in my prayers!!! Please give her another smooch from the Poms and me

Gutmutter, you hot ticket, YOU!!! I'm thrilled to read that you've had all this energy after your trying week, but I'm hoping that you'll relax more and enjoy that blue chair and let the kids and all your friends help you out as much as possible.

I'm sure the kitties could stand the snuggles and I just hope you don't push too hard.

I'm so happy for you, and we're all keeping you in our prayers here, too!!!

JLuvs, YOU ARE A HERO!!! Congratulations on your wonderful deed and on your bravery and ability to think and act so clearly and decisively under such pressure!!! That's a fantastic thing you did!!!

Um, Miss JenniferInCO, I just want to say a big "THANKS" for that clever suggestion of calling the BBB and reporting that dentist to them. Geez, I hadn't even thought of that, but I will, 'cause it's only fair to other consumers.

I feel like I owe you guys an apology for rambling on and on with that dentist story! I didn't realize (as I was typing it) how PASSIONATE I was about the whole thing!

I guess that's a good quality -- I am a loyal dog to my pals, but I can be a real stinker to my enemies!!! (I'm glad to say that I can't think of too many enemies!)

It was such a trying ordeal and it took so much energy to fight the guy, and I never did diffuse any of it by posting or talking about the situation as it was unfolding. Instead I just dumped it all on you guys at once! So thanks for listening to the good ending to that bad experience.

CCL
    Great job, jluvs! Such presence of mind you must have. Well done.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

JLuvs! Wow! I bet his mom is your biggest fan about now. I took a shower!!! It felt so good after 3 days. You have no idea. Got all that hospital smell off of me. Bandages are off and it's not as bad as I had imagined at all. So, yea! I did 3 small loads of laundry, a load of dishes, but mostly read and listened to a meditation tape that made me really relaxed and floaty. I'll have to remember that one. A teacher friend came over with chard, green onions, and lettuce from her garden, health muffins, and homemade jam. Also a bag she made with my name on it. It was nice to sit and chat. So thoughtful of her. The tire is still flat. It is not flat, flat. Just really really low. If I use the canned tire inflator and sealer and go to an air machine, can I let it go at that or do I need a new tire? I'm such a girl about stuff like that. I have no idea.
    Count your blessings!

My good news is that I am alive and there was no damage.

I was heading south on the freeway, today. The freeway went from two to three lanes and I was in the left lane. Some moron decides to get in the left lane, too...problem being he wanted the space I was in. I had to swerve to miss him. I hit the dirt on the shoulder and started to skid. All I could think was please don't flip...then I re-entered the freeway skidding doing a 360 and still going another 180 ending up facing north on the south bound side. Thank God people were able to stop and we weren't hit. I managed to get across the freeway and park on the shoulder on facing the right direction. I had a mini-breakdown right there.

One man that was behind me stopped and came back with his first aid kit to make sure we were ok. After he left a semi pulled over. He had been driving north and saw it happen and turned around to make sure we were ok. Of course the idiot in the minivan didn't stop to see if we were ok. Only problem was a spilled drink. Then I drove to my moms and had a full on breakdown in her kitchen. Scared the crap right out of me.

I just got new tires this morning, thank God. My old tires would have popped, they were so bald.
    Last edited by dagwood; 07-02-2005 at 07:47 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Oh my God, Dagwood, I'm so glad y'all are okay. What a horrible thing to happen. It's a good thing you got new tires for traction. And for the people that stopped to check on you.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread