+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 835 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185585 ... LastLast
Like Tree784Likes

Thread: Share your good news

I find it incredible that teachers are now put in dangerous situations to do a job that is so important. And it's not just in dangerous areas. It can be risky to teach even in the best private schools. My hat's off to you Glitter.

FORT Fogey
    My good news is that I quit my terrible, awful, despicable job last Fall after getting an offer I couldn't refuse from a new place. That was good news then and it still is today, 'cause I'm very happy in my new position.

Some other good news is that my beloved old neighbor just moved into a nursing home where she is doing much, much better than she did on her own. This is a great thing because she’s happy there and she’s eating and drinking well again, and she could live on for years now that she’s in a safe and secure place.

I had flown out to Denver to help facilitate her transition into the home, and even though it put a little damper on my carefully-planned budget I knew it was the right thing to do, and I knew that I wouldn’t be affected too badly by the economic impact of the hastily-planned trip. I was preparing for the upcoming two weeks being a little tight.

Just when I was preparing to suck it all in for the next two weeks I received the following e-mail from the bosses at my great job:

We are extremely pleased to be able to include a $1,000* bonus for all full time employees in tomorrow's pay check. (*The fine print: this will be taxable, so the amount you see will be less, and it will be pro rated for employees who work less than full time.)

Our ability to do this is a reflection of everyone's hard and good work on recent closings, and the Firm's good fortune at collecting some long-outstanding receivables.

We can't make any promises about the future, but know that we are committed to sharing our successes with our employees who contribute. Please also know that the Firm is proud of both our modest financial success and our social bottom line. You should all be proud of the contribution we make to improve the lives of the thousands of families who live in the housing we help build.

So this is my good news for the day!! I don’t have to worry about the money I just spent on my unexpected trip to Denver and I can take care of a few little extras, too (like pay for my FORTCon ticket!)!!!

How cool is that?!? Congrats on your unexpected little windfall. *does happy dance for Pom*
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

That's great Pom! I'm guessing hell would have frozen over before that happened at your old job. And, ADK both your avatar and watching you count down the days to your wedding are tickling me. I smile every time I see them.

Good for you Pom! Consider that to be Pennies from heaven. And I am glad to hear your friend Salad is doing so well.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Pom - I think I posted in the troubles thread awhile ago that your being a good soul will come back to you tenfold. Good things happen to good people.

Enjoy your money! I'm glad Sally is all settled in Denver

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I finally have some good news to share. My minivan was NOT totalled!!!

Can you tell I'm excited?

I just didn't know how I was going to be able to swing 2 car payments at once. Now I have to pay the $500 deductible and be done with it. Not that $500 is chump change, but it's better than the $30K I was looking at for a new van!

I cannot express how relieved I am. Yippee!!

Great news about your friend Salad and great on the job Pom!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Just when I was preparing to suck it all in for the next two weeks I received the following e-mail from the bosses at my great job:

[i]We are extremely pleased to be able to include a $1,000* bonus for all full time employees in tomorrow's pay check.
    Oh, Pom, I'm so happy for you! You truly deserve good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical

beerbelly Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling to have your hard work be rewarded!? I hope you celebrated properly!
    Thank you so much, I can't help smiling after all these wonderful posts.

I am celebrating when I get my paycheck so I can actually believe it. One of the great feelings is that the whole company has been congradulating me.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread