+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4086Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I just checked my credit score just went up to 722 its never been this high about 5 years ago I got into some credit card debt but I fought back and am now debt free
    Punkin, Ellen, Brooks and 3 others like this.

Great job, Mal! Now you can start working on savings. This is a good time in your life to take charge of your finances and learn how important a budget is.
    MReid likes this.
    Lynda

Thanks Punkin my dad always warned me to build up my savings when I was younger and I ignored him and spent spent spent lol but I have been able to build up my savings with the Credit Union account. I am determined to just keep letting it grow and not touch it.
    Punkin likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We've found it helpful to treat our savings like a bill. Every month when one of our checks comes in, we take the FIRST chunk and put it in long-term savings. It's at our credit union and still accessible, but we're committed to not touch it unless there's a REAL emergency.

Rule #1: Cruises are wonderful, but do not constitute a REAL emergency.
    Punkin, MReid and JosephD like this.
    I'm Paula.

Mine's 824. If I can't afford something and it's not essential to have, i don't buy it.
    Punkin, Ellen, AZChristian and 2 others like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Wow, Joseph! That's a hell of a great score (scores only go up to 850)! I've been over 800 for many years, but not that high! You two guys are doing great for your age! You're doing your online mommas and grandmas so proud!
    AZChristian and JosephD like this.
    Lynda

Oh snap Joseph thats incredible! You have made your road dog proud I wanna be like you
    JosephD likes this.

Thanks guys, but truthfully, I didn't know they only go up to 850. I thought it was 1000, so I feel even better now. I don't know much about all that credit rating stuff. I just know mine is 824 and that 824 is pretty good. I don't know how they arrive at 824, just that that was my latest reading. If I buy something on a credit card, (like you have to do for online purchases, .... Amazon, and so forth), I always pay it off entirely when the bill comes in. That way, I don't have to pay any interest.
    Punkin, Cootie and MReid like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

JosephD . . . do you use a card that gives you bonus points or cash back? That's one of the ways we're able to travel as much as we do. Our Southwest Airlines Visa card gives us points, and we pay it off at the end of every month. Then we get to fly for free. :-)
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    JosephD . . . do you use a card that gives you bonus points or cash back? That's one of the ways we're able to travel as much as we do. Our Southwest Airlines Visa card gives us points, and we pay it off at the end of every month. Then we get to fly for free. :-)
    My main one is a Discover card. It's silver and says "Cashback Bonus" on the front, but I have no idea what that is. My Chase Mastercard doesn't say anything like that. I have other cards, but I don't use them.

+ Reply to Thread