+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 830 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184584 ... LastLast
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Congrats, ADK. That is great news!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    ADK - that is such great news! How's Eric been since the accident? Congrats!!! I can't wait to see pics of your wedding day! Emma must be excited

Gut - that is wonderful. JUST WONDERFUL. I told you I include you in my cancer prayer every morning - I believe in the power of prayer. Enjoy that chair - you deserve it (remember, it's only money!)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Despite the difficulties my family has been going through, we now have some good news to share:

Eric and I are getting married July 17th.
    and (the sweetest part) he is adopting my daughter Emma.

*pops cork on bottle of champage and begins pouring for those who care to join her in celebration*

I'll never forget the day when the man (I refer to as my "real" husband) adopted my daughter. Our daughter. We met when she was 10 months old, and what a great daddy he is, and always has been. He and his famlily have always considered her one of them, without hesitation. In fact we where having a conversation with the family about organ donation, etc. We had talked about it for several minutes - until we all realized she's not a genetic match! It just didn't occur to any of us. We all got a great laugh, a great, warm, fuzzy laugh.

I honestly hope you have as wonderful an experience as we did. Congratulations.

*warm fuzzy thoughts*

ADK - God Bless your "new" family. A friend of mine has 2 children who are adopted. They celebrate the day their adoptions were finalized just like a birthday. The call it their "Happy Gotcha Day!" The kids are now teenagers, and still talk about their Gotcha Gifts and parties. (Birthday parties are for the kids and relative, Gotcha day is for immediate family.)

Gut - - Miracles happen every day and thanks for sharing the news of yours. I will keep sending the positive energy and prayers in your direction. GOD is good!!

so in my troubles thread I talked about how this school screwed me over, and then I had to go to the job fair where there were a thousand English teachers and ten openings and how horrid I felt.

Well, I got one of them! I received the call today and go down and pick up my packet tomorrow. I will be an 8th grade English teacher in the South Bronx. I really liked the principal and the support staff I met, which is what matters when in a tough situation. It's going to be an interesting year!

Congratulations Glitternerfball! That's great news.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and warm fuzzy thoughts. (and I love the idea of a "Gotcha" Day )

Gutmutter - I've been away from the boards so long, I hadn't realized what you've been going through. My sister is in a similar situation, so its really nice to hear positive news. Enjoy your chair! My thoughts are with you.

Glitternerfball - My sister (same sister) is also an eighth grade English teacher. I've said it before but it bears repeating - I think teaching is the most noble of professions. Especially true of working with eighth graders and their raging hormones. Congratulations to you on your new position and best of luck!
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

It's GREAT to have you back on these boards, ADKLove!!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Glitternerfball, I'm so happy to hear you got the job. Now you won't have to worry all summer about what you'll do in September without a job.

Excuse my ignorance, but how are the schools in South Bronx? Is it a difficult neighborhood?

Oh desertrose, I appreciate your ignorance! And I'm claiming it going in, because I don't want to judge my kids by the area. But South Bronx and I think it's East Harlem are the two most dangerous areas in the city, so they say. High poverty, gang activity, one school in the South Bronx was closed because it was built over toxic waste, etc. When I visited the school the immediate area appeared fine, well lit, and only a couple blocks away from the bus I need to get there.

+ Reply to Thread