+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree818Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Aww, thanks, Fanny. Hardest thing I have ever done and I am proud of myself, too.
    A big hug ECM. You should be proud of yourself. I'm proud of you too!
    I hope you had a good meeting with the ortho doc today.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Wow ecm!!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

I've had a bunch of bad things happen in my life recently, which I'm trying not to dwell on. One day last week was especially difficult for me and I was just focusing on finishing my work day so I could go home. I work at a pharmacy and a mentally handicapped man (with his aide) came to pick up his prescriptions but found that he didn't have enough money to pay for them. Since they are regulars I offered to let them charge it until the next day, but a young man standing behind them spoke up and said he would cover it. The bill was only $7.95, but it was the thought that counted and it really lifted my spirits. Well, the very next day, our furnace at work wasn't working properly. It was pretty cold in there, and while waiting on one of our regulars, I guess I shivered. She mentioned that it seemed cold in there and I said they were working on the furnace, but didn't know how long it would take. I also said that I usually layer my clothes so I can be comfortable no matter what the temp is, but that morning I didn't. It wasn't 10 minutes later, this lady drove up to our drive-thru window and handed me a sweat shirt to wear! She had gone home and got one for me and said that she couldn't spend her whole day thinking about me freezing at work! I almost cried. So, I guess my good news is that, no matter how dark it seems to get, something so simple can brighten your whole day and improve your outlook on life.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I am feeling blessed today. We frailed our pecan tree and I got 53 pounds off it and today I went and had them cracked and blowed and it looks like when I am through picking them out I will have approx. 12 gallons of pecans and I still have trees to get picked up under. The price of pecans are outrageous so this is saving me mega bucks. The next ones I get done I am thinking of making some of them into gift bags for some people.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I am feeling blessed today. We frailed our pecan tree and I got 53 pounds off it and today I went and had them cracked and blowed and it looks like when I am through picking them out I will have approx. 12 gallons of pecans and I still have trees to get picked up under. The price of pecans are outrageous so this is saving me mega bucks. The next ones I get done I am thinking of making some of them into gift bags for some people.
    That would be a wonderful gift.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

It really would be a wonderful gift. I just passed up buying pecans at the store because they were 4.99 for a small bag. I was going to make a pecan crust for my chocolate pie but I'm going with boring, but cheap, graham cracker crust.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I've had a bunch of bad things happen in my life recently, which I'm trying not to dwell on. One day last week was especially difficult for me and I was just focusing on finishing my work day so I could go home. I work at a pharmacy and a mentally handicapped man (with his aide) came to pick up his prescriptions but found that he didn't have enough money to pay for them. Since they are regulars I offered to let them charge it until the next day, but a young man standing behind them spoke up and said he would cover it. The bill was only $7.95, but it was the thought that counted and it really lifted my spirits. Well, the very next day, our furnace at work wasn't working properly. It was pretty cold in there, and while waiting on one of our regulars, I guess I shivered. She mentioned that it seemed cold in there and I said they were working on the furnace, but didn't know how long it would take. I also said that I usually layer my clothes so I can be comfortable no matter what the temp is, but that morning I didn't. It wasn't 10 minutes later, this lady drove up to our drive-thru window and handed me a sweat shirt to wear! She had gone home and got one for me and said that she couldn't spend her whole day thinking about me freezing at work! I almost cried. So, I guess my good news is that, no matter how dark it seems to get, something so simple can brighten your whole day and improve your outlook on life.
    I'm sorry things haven't been going well for you, Lil Bit, but posts like this sort of renew one's faith in humanity. Thanks for sharing and hope things get better for you!
    Lil Bit and Miss Scarlet like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Yum, who wouldn't love a gift of pecans?

A 2 1/2 pound bag at our farmers market is 29.99 + tax. I figured up and my pecans wold have cost me 250.00 if I would have bought them.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Sorry you've been having troubling times Lil Bit.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread