+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    My co-workers gave me two beautiful roses because I work so hard for them. Wow!!! I can't tell you how much I love them and only want to work harder for all of us!
    What great people to work with!

Congrats on the new job Hyper!
    Hyper likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Hooray for you, Hyper! I hope you will be very happy at your new job! Best of luck to you!
    Hyper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I posted back in January in the "Dieting" thread that I had taken off a good chunk of weight over the previous year. I am happy to say that I have kept it off so far. I had been doing some running even before the weight loss, but was having problems with pain in my shins and knees. Once I lost some weight all of the pain went away. I have been able to push my longest running distance now to 8 miles! I have had a couple of people tell me I should try running a half-marathon, and that is actually starting to seem within reach!

ETA - I just realized my post count has recently exceeded 4,000!
    Congratulations!

Time flies when you're having fun!

I think your running history is great. How did you get to 8 miles at once? I tried for so long and could never get passed 5 miles.

Congrats ClosetRTWatcher!! What an accomplishment. I'm not a runner myself. In fact, if you see me running, you'd better run too because there's most likely a rabid dog or a killer clown chasing me!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Congratulations!

Time flies when you're having fun!

I think your running history is great. How did you get to 8 miles at once? I tried for so long and could never get passed 5 miles.
    I started out by figuring out routes in my neighborhood that were 2 and 4 miles, and I could mix and match the two. First I got to the point where I was doing 4 pretty regularly. As the weather started getting cooler I realized that when I finished a run I felt like I could keep going if I wanted. At that point I pushed up to 6. After doing that a couple of times I tried doubling my 4 mile loop and it worked beautifully! For me cooler weather is a key ingredient. I could never do longer distances in hot weather with direct sun, UGH!! Now the challenge is trying to work a run in after work, but before it gets dark!

It also helped me a LOT to use a website like mapmyrun.com where I could easily come up with routes of certain distances ahead of time! I would LOVE to try to hit 10 miles sometime soon - that is my next challenge for myself!
    Hyper and Fanny Mare like this.

I started out by figuring out routes in my neighborhood that were 2 and 4 miles, and I could mix and match the two. First I got to the point where I was doing 4 pretty regularly. As the weather started getting cooler I realized that when I finished a run I felt like I could keep going if I wanted. At that point I pushed up to 6. After doing that a couple of times I tried doubling my 4 mile loop and it worked beautifully! For me cooler weather is a key ingredient. I could never do longer distances in hot weather with direct sun, UGH!! Now the challenge is trying to work a run in after work, but before it gets dark!

It also helped me a LOT to use a website like mapmyrun.com where I could easily come up with routes of certain distances ahead of time! I would LOVE to try to hit 10 miles sometime soon - that is my next challenge for myself!
    Well done! I think this sounds very impressive, and it's cool you have set goals for yourself
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I appreciate your tips on your running. I never felt like I could go more after 5 miles. I tried many times. Maybe my nutrition wasn't right or I'm just not a long distance runner. lol

Good luck with reaching your goals! It sounds like you are really enjoying yourself.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

I DID IT! 10.5 miles last Friday! I also successfully avoided stiff muscles enough to do another 6.4 on Sunday!
    AJane, Cootie and AZChristian like this.

I DID IT! 10.5 miles last Friday! I also successfully avoided stiff muscles enough to do another 6.4 on Sunday!
    I rarely wander into this thread and have missed all this running talk - congratulations! I am an avid runner. My favorite distance is 8-10k.
    Are you racing? I do about 3 per year, though have only managed one half-marathon. A full marathon is on my bucket list.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread