+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    My co-workers gave me two beautiful roses because I work so hard for them. Wow!!! I can't tell you how much I love them and only want to work harder for all of us!
    What great people to work with!

Congrats on the new job Hyper!
    Hyper likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Hooray for you, Hyper! I hope you will be very happy at your new job! Best of luck to you!
    Hyper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I posted back in January in the "Dieting" thread that I had taken off a good chunk of weight over the previous year. I am happy to say that I have kept it off so far. I had been doing some running even before the weight loss, but was having problems with pain in my shins and knees. Once I lost some weight all of the pain went away. I have been able to push my longest running distance now to 8 miles! I have had a couple of people tell me I should try running a half-marathon, and that is actually starting to seem within reach!

ETA - I just realized my post count has recently exceeded 4,000!
    Congratulations!

Time flies when you're having fun!

I think your running history is great. How did you get to 8 miles at once? I tried for so long and could never get passed 5 miles.

Congrats ClosetRTWatcher!! What an accomplishment. I'm not a runner myself. In fact, if you see me running, you'd better run too because there's most likely a rabid dog or a killer clown chasing me!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Congratulations!

Time flies when you're having fun!

I think your running history is great. How did you get to 8 miles at once? I tried for so long and could never get passed 5 miles.
    I started out by figuring out routes in my neighborhood that were 2 and 4 miles, and I could mix and match the two. First I got to the point where I was doing 4 pretty regularly. As the weather started getting cooler I realized that when I finished a run I felt like I could keep going if I wanted. At that point I pushed up to 6. After doing that a couple of times I tried doubling my 4 mile loop and it worked beautifully! For me cooler weather is a key ingredient. I could never do longer distances in hot weather with direct sun, UGH!! Now the challenge is trying to work a run in after work, but before it gets dark!

It also helped me a LOT to use a website like mapmyrun.com where I could easily come up with routes of certain distances ahead of time! I would LOVE to try to hit 10 miles sometime soon - that is my next challenge for myself!
    Hyper and Fanny Mare like this.

I started out by figuring out routes in my neighborhood that were 2 and 4 miles, and I could mix and match the two. First I got to the point where I was doing 4 pretty regularly. As the weather started getting cooler I realized that when I finished a run I felt like I could keep going if I wanted. At that point I pushed up to 6. After doing that a couple of times I tried doubling my 4 mile loop and it worked beautifully! For me cooler weather is a key ingredient. I could never do longer distances in hot weather with direct sun, UGH!! Now the challenge is trying to work a run in after work, but before it gets dark!

It also helped me a LOT to use a website like mapmyrun.com where I could easily come up with routes of certain distances ahead of time! I would LOVE to try to hit 10 miles sometime soon - that is my next challenge for myself!
    Well done! I think this sounds very impressive, and it's cool you have set goals for yourself
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I appreciate your tips on your running. I never felt like I could go more after 5 miles. I tried many times. Maybe my nutrition wasn't right or I'm just not a long distance runner. lol

Good luck with reaching your goals! It sounds like you are really enjoying yourself.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

I DID IT! 10.5 miles last Friday! I also successfully avoided stiff muscles enough to do another 6.4 on Sunday!
    AJane, Cootie and AZChristian like this.

I DID IT! 10.5 miles last Friday! I also successfully avoided stiff muscles enough to do another 6.4 on Sunday!
    I rarely wander into this thread and have missed all this running talk - congratulations! I am an avid runner. My favorite distance is 8-10k.
    Are you racing? I do about 3 per year, though have only managed one half-marathon. A full marathon is on my bucket list.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread