+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Good Luck, Hyper! Is the second interview an "in person" interview? Maybe you should jot down some of your strengths and role play with a close friend to help you learn how to better "sell yourself". I hope you get the job if it sounds like one you would enjoy!
    That's great advice! The second interview was supposed to be in person, but it will now be on the the phone. I think this will help me immensely since I only have to worry about how I sound, not about all my nervous habits. I will definitely be better prepared for this one

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    WTG Hyper!! and good luck .Pat yourself on the back
    Thanks Fanny... consider my back patted

Hyper ... Happy that you moved on that early.

Long commutes are . One of my friends has just experienced it and she is having to travel up to an hour each way.
    The fact that the days are getting shorter means the commute is going to get worse, not to mention the cost of gas.
    So ... she is retiring this month. She will also quit smoking on the same date because without the income ... she can't afford to smoke.

ETA Best luck in getting that new job. One more thought ... don't discuss it with your local co-workers until you get the job!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I posted back in January in the "Dieting" thread that I had taken off a good chunk of weight over the previous year. I am happy to say that I have kept it off so far. I had been doing some running even before the weight loss, but was having problems with pain in my shins and knees. Once I lost some weight all of the pain went away. I have been able to push my longest running distance now to 8 miles! I have had a couple of people tell me I should try running a half-marathon, and that is actually starting to seem within reach!

ETA - I just realized my post count has recently exceeded 4,000!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-14-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    Punkin, Kip, Hyper and 3 others like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I posted back in January in the "Dieting" thread that I had taken off a good chunk of weight over the previous year. I am happy to say that I have kept it off so far. I had been doing some running even before the weight loss, but was having problems with pain in my shins and knees. Once I lost some weight all of the pain went away. I have been able to push my longest running distance now to 8 miles! I have had a couple of people tell me I should try running a half-marathon, and that is actually starting to seem within reach!
    WTG, Closet! That is very impressive!

Our youngest saved his father's life today.

Remind yourself of the Heimlich Maneuver so that you'll be prepared. We are so grateful that we were. So, so grateful.
    Ellen, cablejockey, Kip and 7 others like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post

Remind yourself of the Heimlich Maneuver so that you'll be prepared. We are so grateful that we were. So, so grateful.
    OMG!!! How frightening for all of you.

How wonderful! I have seen the Heimlich in action before and know that feeling of gratitude and relief.!
    Note that it is possible to do the Heimlich on yourself if you have to. There are instructions and videos on the net ... so might as well look it up now.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Oh wow BB! I know how to do this, I took this along with a CPR course. I am so glad your husband is okay!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just saw your wonderful news! Thank goodness he knew how to do it and it worked!

My co-workers gave me two beautiful roses because I work so hard for them. Wow!!! I can't tell you how much I love them and only want to work harder for all of us!
    Kip, nennie, inthegarden and 2 others like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread