+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

My daughter and I were able (unplanned until late in the week) to have a mother/daughter weekend get-away this past weekend. We had a ton of fun. It's so fun to spend time with her and we have a good time when we travel. Since it wasn't planned until so late it seemed like an extra special treat.

Eta: Holy Cow, just reread my post and it's quite repetitive. I guess that's what happens after working all day. My brain froze and it's not working correctly

Thanks for sharing JustCoz. It's nice to hear of the mother/daughter special times. That really is good news.
    Cootie likes this.

Mr. C got a call tonight saying that he needs to meet with someone and sign paperwork as one of his clients left him something in her will. I don't really know how good of news this is, but we are both very intrigued! It is a bittersweet situation as he helped take care of her property for many years and liked her very much.
    Last edited by Cootie; 08-28-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    beerbelly and Eastcoastmom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Mr. C got a call tonight saying that he needs to meet with someone and sign paperwork as one of his clients left him something in her will. I don't really know how good of news this is, but we are both very intrigued! It is a bittersweet situation as he helped take care of her property for many years and liked her very much.
    That is intriguing. Maybe she had millions stashed away I used to help at a seniors residence , help with doing their nails etc, and one lady left me a collection of teaspoons. I am not fussed about those things, but I was so happy she even thought of me
    beerbelly and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Good news indeed, it turned out to be a nice sum of cash that Mr. C could put away for retirement. He is self employed, so this is a wonderful surprise! I am happy if I find a forgotten 20.00 bill in my coat pocket
    Ellen, Brooks, beerbelly and 4 others like this.

That's is good news Cootie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm very happy for you. I love to hear those kinds of stories.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Cootie, what a thoughtful surprise!!

Good news indeed, it turned out to be a nice sum of cash that Mr. C could put away for retirement. He is self employed, so this is a wonderful surprise! I am happy if I find a forgotten 20.00 bill in my coat pocket
    That is awesome!! I agree with the others, I love these stories. He genuinely cared for her and wasn't doing it to get anything. What a nice way for her to say she appreciated it and he meant something to her too.
    Cootie likes this.

Oh wow! I'm so happy when good and kind people get something like this. This made me so happy. Thank you for sharing. And thank you for taking care of the elderly - so many people see them as an opportunity. Yea! Karma!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread