+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

I have great news that doesn't sound like great news at first but it really is great news!

I'm having the surgery on my hip in 2 weeks!! It's great news because I was facing 2 more surgeries on my spine before my hip surgery but after my last appt, the surgeons have all looked at my xrays and it looks like I might not need the final 2 spinal surgeries.
    I'm so happy about the hip surgery because after this surgery is when I can start walking again!!!! I have been looking at the equipment here at my house that's there for when I start the walking process and I've been wanting to use it so bad!! I don't care if I need a walker for the rest of my life, I just want to take some steps. I can not wait.
    I work my legs as much as I can while I lay here and watch TV so I'm ready!
    My Drs are saying that my healing as well as I am has a lot to do with my yoga. I've been doing it about 12 years, my days of handstands are over but I don't care.
    I'm ready to walk!!
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I have great news that doesn't sound like great news at first but it really is great news!

I'm having the surgery on my hip in 2 weeks!! It's great news because I was facing 2 more surgeries on my spine before my hip surgery but after my last appt, the surgeons have all looked at my xrays and it looks like I might not need the final 2 spinal surgeries.
    I'm so happy about the hip surgery because after this surgery is when I can start walking again!!!! I have been looking at the equipment here at my house that's there for when I start the walking process and I've been wanting to use it so bad!! I don't care if I need a walker for the rest of my life, I just want to take some steps. I can not wait.
    My Drs are saying that my healing as well as I am has a lot to do with my yoga. I've been doing it about 12 years, my days of handstands are over but I don't care.
    I'm ready to walk!!
    Looks like fantastic news to me! I now you have your sights set on freedom! It is great that your yoga has benefitted you so much. I keep you in my thoughts and hope your surgery goes fantastically.
    NorwIndian likes this.

That is fantastic news NorwIndian!!! The people are so nice at yoga. I love them.
    You can do it!

I'm all set! I go into the hospital the afternoon of August 11th and my surgery is set for the morning of the 12th! I can not wait to have it over with so I can start walking again.
    If everything goes well, after this surgery I won't have to have the body cast put back on and I can go right into the back brace.
    I'll have to wear the brace for at least a year but it's removable so I don't care. It will be heavenly compared to this cast.
    I'm so relieved. I can't wait to have this, hopefully LAST surgery over and done with.
    Yay!!!
    Cootie, AZChristian and Photobabe like this.

I'm ready to walk!!

Well yippee, !!!

I don't know what they have to do to your hip ... but I had a femur repaired (not replaced) and I could not put weight on that leg for Six(6) weeks.
    I well remember those first steps ... even though they were sideways holding on to the kitchen counter ... I was SO excited!

I was was lousy with the walker, but I did well on one leg hopping ... and my balance was really great on one leg.

Ironically ... now that I can use both legs my balance is still a little unsteady.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm all set! I go into the hospital the afternoon of August 11th and my surgery is set for the morning of the 12th! I can not wait to have it over with so I can start walking again.
    If everything goes well, after this surgery I won't have to have the body cast put back on and I can go right into the back brace.
    I'll have to wear the brace for at least a year but it's removable so I don't care. It will be heavenly compared to this cast.
    I'm so relieved. I can't wait to have this, hopefully LAST surgery over and done with.
    Yay!!!
    How long do you expect to stay in the hospital? Be sure to keep, us posted while you are in there.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I am so pleased for you, NorwIndian!!! Don't limit yourself to their expectations and continue to do as much as you can. And don't leave us once you have your independence!!!!
    NorwIndian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I'm not going anywhere, you can't get rid of me that easily! Lol.
    I won't have full independence for a long time. I'll more than likely never be able to work again. I miss my doggy clients, but a few have come to visit me.

I'll be in the hospital for about 5 days but they have wireless internet there so I can still come here and check in.
    I've told my daughter to come on under my name to let you guys know if anything bad happens. Just in case.

I've had the best weekend in a long time! My granddaughter came to stay Friday and Saturday nights with me. I wasn't sure how it would go, she hasn't stayed over since my accident.
    It was awesome!
    We basically just hung out in bed all weekend. We read lots of books, played Candy Land (about a thousand times!), colored and watched all 3 Toy Story movies. And lots and lots of cuddles.
    We had a pizza delivered last night and she LOVED being able to get the pizza and pay the pizza guy. She was very proud to take care of her grandma.
    We had a great time, can't wait to do it again!

My daughter said she hasn't stopped talking about how much fun we had since she got home.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 08-04-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Ellen, justCoz, Cootie and 3 others like this.

Aw - what a fun time for you two.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

It was a lot of fun. I was worried that she'd get bored but she had a great time. Just the 2 of us.
    I think she felt very important helping me. My daughter told me that she keeps saying "grandma said I was a big help mom...grandma said she couldn't have done it without me mom...grandma said I really helped mom...."
    Lol. She's a chatterbox!

She was great. Cheered me up like nothing else could.

+ Reply to Thread