+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Share your good news

JLuvs - congrats on being hired back at your school.

NorwIndian - that's fantastic news that you're healing well and likely won't need that 5th surgery. That must be a load off your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    That's great news! And how fun to return and teach at your old school! Congratulations!

I had a Dr's appt today, and he said my spine is healing beautifully and if I can keep this up, chances look good that I won't need a 5th surgery! I am beyond happy. I will still need surgeries on my hip and tailbone down the road, but for now it looks like I'm done and can put all of my focus on healing.
    It's a great day!
    That's incredible! Keep up the good work! Do you eat a super-healthy diet?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    That's incredible! Keep up the good work! Do you eat a super-healthy diet?
    I do eat pretty healthy, I'm not a fanatic about it though. I have to have my Rolos and Dr Pepper sometimes.
    I've tried to be good and do everything the Dr tells me instead of being my usual stubborn self, I guess doing what I'm told has paid off. I'm so happy. It's not definitely yet but he said it looks good.
    My first surgeries involved a spinal fusion, the placement of titanium rods to stabilize my spine and a few other things. Dr says that appears to be working, I'm doing great he said..
    The best, best, best part of my appt today was getting this body cast off for an hour! My daughter sat and scratched my back the entire time the Dr was talking to me. Never has anything felt so gooooood! I was so sad when they put a new one on.

But it's JLuvs big day! I don't want to take anything away from her.
    GO JLUVS!
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 07-18-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

That is great news for both JLuvs and NorwIndian.

Rolos and Dr Pepper...Oh my! That takes me all the way back to high school and sailing on a hobie cat every chance I got.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I do eat pretty healthy, I'm not a fanatic about it though. I have to have my Rolos and Dr Pepper sometimes.
    I've tried to be good and do everything the Dr tells me instead of being my usual stubborn self, I guess doing what I'm told has paid off. I'm so happy. It's not definitely yet but he said it looks good.
    My first surgeries involved a spinal fusion, the placement of titanium rods to stabilize my spine and a few other things. Dr says that appears to be working, I'm doing great he said..
    The best, best, best part of my appt today was getting this body cast off for an hour! My daughter sat and scratched my back the entire time the Dr was talking to me. Never has anything felt so gooooood! I was so sad when they put a new one on.

But it's JLuvs big day! I don't want to take anything away from her.

GO JLUVS!
    I didn't realize you were in body cast ... ouch ... but great to learn that you are healing so fast/well!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

It's not a full body cast, I've seen worse at my ortho's office. It just goes from right above my breasts down to my hip bones. I've been trying hard to stay positive so I look at some of the other casts and braces that are worse than mine and count my blessings.
    My family is full of jokers, if we aren't teasing you, it means we don't like you, lol. My main goal in all of this is to keep my sense of humor and keep my positive attitude.
    So the cast isn't fun but it could be a lot worse.

I apologize for any typos and random commas. It takes a lot out of me to get out of the house so I'm pretty doped up right now. Nap time.

I know what you mean about how good it felt to be out of the cast and getting your back scratched!
    When I was 9, I fell while roller skating and had a compound compressed fracture of my T-12. From your description, it sounds like your cast is the same kind as mine was. I was so glad to get out of that 10-pound stinkin' hunk of plaster after 5 months!
    Sending healing wishes your way!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I wish I lived closer! I could do some awesome art on your body cast. Do you have streaming Netflix? It's very inexpensive and you could run through all the seasons of any tv shows they have. Great documentaries, too. Plus movies, of course. Just not very recent ones.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, I've thought about doing that. I have a friend who is a tattoo artist and he's been wanting to do some butterflies on it. I think I'll let him do it on the new one.
    If I can ever figure out how to do it, I'll post pictures. I wasn't a big internet/computer person before. So I'm still trying to figure out how the site works. I've been online before, of course just not a lot. When I came here before all I read was the BB feed section. Once I figure out how to work it, I'll post some pics.

I do have Netflix, it's been a life saver for me. I still can't get over the fact that I'm able to lay in bed and watch a TV show on my phone.

I started my Christmas shopping today! QVC had a Christmas special on today and I've already bought 6 presents! All from my bed. I love that!
    And....by shopping QVC, I just became my mother.

My birthday is Tuesday and I just found out that a group of my former Co workers is getting together and coming over.
    I'm so happy! I miss my job so much. I can't wait to see them all.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 07-19-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Aw - that's sweet of them.
    My sisters both shop QVC.
    My good news is that this crazy heat wave is supposed to break today. It has been miserable all week!
    Photobabe likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread