Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

you echo!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Ten (10) months since I quit smoking. Yay me!
    Wonderful! I bet you're feeling great!

Ten (10) months since I quit smoking. Yay me!
    Heck yeah, yay you!!!
    Thank you SOOOOOOO much.
    I know that people have the right to smoke if they wish. But I'm allergic to tobacco smoke -- with asthma reactions. I get horribly bad side effects from the medications. And just a whiff of smoke (or pet dander, but that's another thread) will give me severe lung pain and other symptoms for a week, even with medications.
    So, again THANK YOU!!! You rock!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Though my principal told me a long time ago he wanted me back next school year I was finally and officially hired back this morning. So relieved.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Fantastic news, JLuvs! Best wishes to you!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Though my principal told me a long time ago he wanted me back next school year I was finally and officially hired back this morning. So relieved.
    Yay! Congrats!
    Count your blessings!

Well ... YAY, YOU !

That seems to happen a lot with teachers I know. Is that customary ? ... I mean does admnistration typically leave teachers swinigng on a hope and a prayer that you will be employed next school year?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Well ... YAY, YOU !

That seems to happen a lot with teachers I know. Is that customary ? ... I mean does admnistration typically leave teachers swinigng on a hope and a prayer that you will be employed next school year?
    I would be the wrong person to ask as. Since I became a credential teacher I have been a sub for for 6 six years and a teacher for 3 years - but the 3 years have not been consecutive and have another credential under my belt. One year was hired mid-year, one year I was hired 24 hours before the first day of school, last I was hired mid-July and this year in was hired 4 days earlier than last year. As I have no seniority my job has to be offered to everyone above me on the call back list before it is offered to me. With all the budget cuts in CA this is my normal as the cuts started my first year of teaching.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I would be the wrong person to ask as. Since I became a credential teacher I have been a sub for for 6 six years and a teacher for 3 years - but the 3 years have not been consecutive and have another credential under my belt. One year was hired mid-year, one year I was hired 24 hours before the first day of school, last I was hired mid-July and this year in was hired 4 days earlier than last year. As I have no seniority my job has to be offered to everyone above me on the call back list before it is offered to me. With all the budget cuts in CA this is my normal as the cuts started my first year of teaching.
    I'm so happy for you!! I live in Detroit, so the situation you mention is something some of my teacher friends and family have dealt with for years. Also, declining student numbers affect things as well - again because of seniority. In the Detroit public schools last year, I think, they actually gave every teacher a pink slip. They ended up hiring many of them back, but because of the union situation and uncertainty about what schools would remain open, etc., they just determined the best thing for them was to terminate everyone and hope they could hire back the ones they wanted. Seems like a very tough way to live - but I also know it can be very rewarding.

That's great news! And how fun to return and teach at your old school! Congratulations!

I had a Dr's appt today, and he said my spine is healing beautifully and if I can keep this up, chances look good that I won't need a 5th surgery! I am beyond happy. I will still need surgeries on my hip and tailbone down the road, but for now it looks like I'm done and can put all of my focus on healing.
    It's a great day!
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 07-18-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Kip, Gutmutter, spockwhat and 2 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

+ Reply to Thread