+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Share your good news

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Okay, I promise promise promise that I'm not going to totally take over this thread with my 2014 trip plans, but . . .

I was watching the Les Mis 25th anniversary concert last night on PBS, and I got curious about where the US touring company was going to be, so I checked online. The closest they're coming is to Las Vegas, and we have so many trips coming up that I didn't want to add another. :-(

Then I realized that they are still going strong in London . . . and we're going to London next year!!!! Tickets are not yet available, but I've marked my calendar to check back monthly until they are.

WE ARE GOING TO SEE LES MIS IN LONDON!!!! (And, yes, I WILL be wearing a blouse that shows my tattoo!)

====================

Now back to static. LOL.
    You knooow...there can't be that many ladies of your generation with that tattoo....I'm wondering if, once you get tickets, you wrote their PR people sending a photo, if you might not get invited backstage to meet the cast...at least in the US that kind of photo op would be catnip to the PR people who want to keep the buzz alive for a show that's been running quite a while. Just a thought! Can't hurt to ask!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Very glad you are going on Princess line, AZC---just caught the tail end of a news story, apparently there is ANOTHER Carnival boat crisis ongoing! So let your choice of liner be part of your good news!
    Carnival owns princess, and host of other lines .Costa being one of them Royal Caribbean is another. I dont think they are looked after( Carnival)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oh dear...

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The operation of Carnival and Princess is separate, as was part of the acquisition deal in which Princess became part of Carnival. Their maintained their own independent processes of ship maintenance, etc. I travel almost exclusively on Princess, and have NO interest in going on a Carnival ship (for more reasons than just the concerns about maintenance).

Share your good news

The supercilious news- I have Internet at home for the first time in 5 years.

Important news - I am staying at my current school next near. Finally, for the first time ever, no moving for me!
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

So happy for you! I know that's a HUGE deal.
    JLuvs likes this.
    Count your blessings!

wonderful news!!
    JLuvs likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We got our taxes done this week. Hubby pointed out on this year's return something that didn't look right about how our accountant reported something, and hubby's way was better for us tax-wise. Accountant agreed, lowering this year's taxes AND filed amended returns for the last 3 years, which will get us $1,100 back from the tax grabbers. THAT was a pleasant surprise!

I stated a 'Job' - it is quotes because it is part of a Fellowship program and does not pay. However - I love it! I have never done sales before and I got a hot lead on my 2nd day! It is great to have responsibilities and I think they are impressed with me so far. The bodega man (Bob) gave me a free ice cream. I love learning new things and boy is this new!

Hopefully this will grant me contacts to get a full time *paying* job. But right now I am thankful for the experience and having a reason to be 'professional' again. I missed that part of my personality.

I am really optimistic - my mom (who has been in and out of the hospital even before Sandy) is on the mend so I feel like I am 'blooming'!

Happy Spring everyone!
    Lizard, Cootie, KatesMom and 3 others like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm glad to hear about your new opportunity, beerbelly. You sound happy and upbeat. Happy Spring to you too!

+ Reply to Thread