+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Share your good news

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    That's going to be a super trip, AZ! The first week will be like a cruise - after that more like a floating hotel with all the ports.

Guernsey! Have you read "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"? It's a charming book.
    YES! When we first started thinking about cruising around the British Isles, I saw the stops and wondered, "What in the heck will we do in GUERNSEY for a whole day." Now, between having fallen in love with TGLAPPPS and learning that Victor Hugo lived there (and his house is open for tours), I can't WAIT to get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Wow, that European cruise looks fantastic! As for your 14 day round trip LA to Hawaii - many years ago I sailed on a 36 foot boat from California to Hawaii. It took 3 weeks one way!

Did you enjoy that Pacific cruise? Was it different going east against the current? My trip was pretty easy as we had the waves behind us the whole way. We were surfing! I know that cruise ships are very different than that, but you were still out there in the middle of the ocean like I was...
    We didn't notice much difference in the currents either way. Some folks warned us that the first day westbound would be choppy, but that wasn't really noticeable either.

One reason we like cruising is that it saves me from having to navigate ("you should have turned left back there") and correct issues like, "you're following that car too closely." We find it a very peaceful way to enjoy vacations. I figure the captain has other people to correct his driving, so I don't have to.

Given the recent series of events on Carnival, I'm glad we're going on Princess. :-)
    Cootie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We didn't notice much difference in the currents either way. Some folks warned us that the first day westbound would be choppy, but that wasn't really noticeable either.

One reason we like cruising is that it saves me from having to navigate ("you should have turned left back there") and correct issues like, "you're following that car too closely." We find it a very peaceful way to enjoy vacations. I figure the captain has other people to correct his driving, so I don't have to.

Given the recent series of events on Carnival, I'm glad we're going on Princess. :-)

The trip sound great. They would have a hard time getting me back on the ship during the Ireland and Scotland stops.
    Have you ever had a problem getting shocked after driving and sitting in cloth seats in your car? I had a Jeep with cloth seats, and everytime I got out, it shocked the P out of me. It was really bad during cold dry spells. I had to keep the seats and floor mats sprayed with Static Guard. You may not have that problem where you live but if you, do Static Guard works great.

We have a 1991 GMC extended cab truck that we bought new and it has 260,00 miles on it and still going. The next car I get will be a Chevy Tahoe or a GMC Denali. I have a Dodge mini van and would never own another one.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post

The trip sound great. They would have a hard time getting me back on the ship during the Ireland and Scotland stops.
    Have you ever had a problem getting shocked after driving and sitting in cloth seats in your car? I had a Jeep with cloth seats, and everytime I got out, it shocked the P out of me. It was really bad during cold dry spells. I had to keep the seats and floor mats sprayed with Static Guard. You may not have that problem where you live but if you, do Static Guard works great.
    Hubby is afraid that all I'll want to do in Scotland is go find bagpipers and sit and listen to them. People tend to either love or hate bagpipes. I'm a lover! And we plan to stay in England for a few days after the cruise so I can visit Hampton Court (never been to that castle) and - hopefully - Highclere House (where Downton Abbey is filmed).

NEVER have had the shocking problem in our car - thank goodness!!!!
    inthegarden likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I used to love bagpipe music when I was little and was fascinated by how they work. Now, I just find them annoying! I don't know why my tastes for them changed.

I haven't traveled outside the US so I'm kind of jealous of you and your cruises and trips, AZ. You'll just have to have fun for both of us and describe your experiences so I can feel like I was there!

I have the problem with static in my car and I never knew what to do about it. I'll have to try Static Guard. Thanks for the tip, inthegarden!
    Last edited by pikachu; 03-15-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    inthegarden and AZChristian like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Very glad you are going on Princess line, AZC---just caught the tail end of a news story, apparently there is ANOTHER Carnival boat crisis ongoing! So let your choice of liner be part of your good news!
    AZChristian likes this.

I'm a bagpipe lover myself. I agree, AZChristian, you either love them or you hate them.

I also have had the static snap problem getting out of my car. I've always thought it was either my shoes or my clothes. It never occured to me that it could be my cloth car seats. Thanks, inthegarden, for the tip. I'm going to buy Static Guard this weekend.
    inthegarden and AZChristian like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Be careful at self-serve gas stations if you have trouble with static!!! Find something to shock it out of you before you start filling up or you could blow up the whole shebang!
    Count your blessings!

Okay, I promise promise promise that I'm not going to totally take over this thread with my 2014 trip plans, but . . .

I was watching the Les Mis 25th anniversary concert last night on PBS, and I got curious about where the US touring company was going to be, so I checked online. The closest they're coming is to Las Vegas, and we have so many trips coming up that I didn't want to add another. :-(

Then I realized that they are still going strong in London . . . and we're going to London next year!!!! Tickets are not yet available, but I've marked my calendar to check back monthly until they are.

WE ARE GOING TO SEE LES MIS IN LONDON!!!! (And, yes, I WILL be wearing a blouse that shows my tattoo!)

====================

Now back to static. LOL.
    Jamie5632 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread