+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    .... I love to work. I love to be somewhere everyday. I miss interacting with people everyday. I miss the feeling of being so tired after a really hard day at work.
    That's something any employer would love to hear! When I had employees, I always hired as much or more for attitude than aptitude. Obviously, if you're hiring a surgeon, or someone with very technical knowlege, aptitude is important. But the "mechanics" of most jobs can be taught. It's darn near impossible to change someone's attitude.

I think this is lucky February for jobs. My son and DIL had been working overseas. They knew it's easier to find a job when you're already employed, but as it's difficult and expensive to interview when you're overseas, they came back to the US without jobs. They've been looking for months. Son got an offer about 10 days ago, and DIL just accepted a job today.

Best of luck on your interview.
    beerbelly likes this.

Good luck with your interview, beerbelly! I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way on Tuesday.
    beerbelly likes this.

Thank you guys so much!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

beerbelly, you've got this!

beerbelly likes this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Good Luck Beerbelly! I'll be thinking of you Tuesday.

Thank you guys so much! I'm already having nervous dreams about it.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I just realized that it was 10 years ago this month that I first logged on to post some snarky comment about "Paradise Hotel." I just want thank the folks at FORT -- mods and posters -- for making this such a great place to hang out online.
    Hyper, Jamie5632, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

We're buying a new car!

I've been shopping around for a few weeks, and we've settled on a Chevy Equinox. The dealer has been terrific. Instead of saying, "Oh, if you want THAT option (e.g., power seats), then you have to get THIS model, and it comes with leather seats." "But I live in Arizona. I want cloth seats." "We'll throw in a seat cover." "I don't want leather seats with a seat cover." "But you have to have leather seats if you want power seats."

The Chevy folks have said, "Tell us what you want, and we'll have the factory build it for you. You buy the lower-option model, and we'll customize it with the options you want. So I'm getting power seats with CLOTH covers, and a power lift gate and a bunch of other stuff. I'll order it today, and should have it in 6-8 weeks. :-)
    Hyper and Eastcoastmom like this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

How exciting AZChristian!
    I love the look of the Equinox and have been studying it along with some others when we have to replace our SUV. I love the size, it is smaller than the one I have now but still large enough to feel safe when driving on the interstate with all the big trucks. And, I could still have room for my large dog crate and landscaping supplies. Our GM dealer is great too and that is another reason why I would like to stay with a GM product. I think the dealership and the service after the sale is a big selling point to me. Let me know how you like it and enjoy that new car smell!
    AZChristian likes this.

Is a "power lift gate" that thing where you can open the trunk door with no hands? Because I want one of those! How often do we have to put down our groceries, watch the bags flop over and the cans roll out, just to close the door? Drives me nuts.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread