+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Love it! What a great story, and love what your mom thought!

beerbelly, you haven't mentioned the job here again...was it not good news in the end? Or is it still too soon to tell?
    Have heard nothing from the recruiter. Have been applying for jobs almost every day and following up with people that can get my resume in the right hands. However, no such luck. I have to go to the unemployment office this week. Thank you for checking in!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

beerbelly, I don't know your industry, but in mine, recruiters are weird. Mine called me out of the blue in October all excited about prospects but thenI didn't hear anything back from her until mid December when I *really* needed to find something else and she was all "what? I called you?". Hell, she never called me back since then. My new job I got on my own (and not at a job where the recruiter could even place me). Keep at it!

Thanks PhoneGrrl. I am trying to apply to a job everyday and then using my network contacts to see what they can do.

Tomorrow I have to go to the unemployment office.

I'm workin' it!!!
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Thanks PhoneGrrl. I am trying to apply to a job everyday and then using my network contacts to see what they can do.

Tomorrow I have to go to the unemployment office.

I'm workin' it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Best of luck with the new job, PG, and I'll keep positive thoughts for you to find a great position, BB! Someone told me once that when you go to an interview, you should imagine yourself coming to work every day to that building, where you'll get coffee and go to lunch, etc., and I think there is something to that.
    Sorry, I meant to post this here and conflated two threads by posting it in the Koffee Klatch. Let us know how it is going, BB.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

So I have good news. My recruiter really pushed this company to consider me. I have a phone interview next Tuesday! I really hope I impress.

I am dying without a job. Not just for the money but for piece of mind. I am so not happy without a job. I love to work. I love to be somewhere everyday. I miss interacting with people everyday. I miss the feeling of being so tired after a really hard day at work.
    - Virginia Woolf

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Crossing our fingers for you, bb!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Best of luck beerbelly! I'm glad your recruiter pushed for you.

Tomorrow is my first day at the new job. It feels very "first day of school" and someone should pack a lunch for me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm missing not having a really good volunteer opportunity. I know that there are lots of things to do out there, but I'm just not finding what will click, for me. I'm still looking!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Have you considered Big Brothers/Big Sisters?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With all due respect, that does not click but I do admire the people who sign up and hang in there. LIKE YOU!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread