+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree783Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I just won tickets to Bon Jovi
    It's been a long time since we've had good news around here. Thanks for sharing!
    cablejockey likes this.

I have great news. Two family members who have refused to join the family for our Christmas celebration for years, showed up Christmas Eve! We were so happy and excited! All went well and it was like old times. We have prayed for their return for a long time. I think we will be seeing more of them very soon too.
    beerbelly, Lizard, Cootie and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have great news. Two family members who have refused to join the family for our Christmas celebration for years, showed up Christmas Eve! We were so happy and excited! All went well and it was like old times. We have prayed for their return for a long time. I think we will be seeing more of them very soon too.
    How lovely Debb
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Excellent news!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so who are you all going to talk about now???

j/k, Debb! Got that idea from one of my class reunions.....there may have been 20 attendees out of our class of 50. Everytime somebody left to room to go to the bathroom, everybody would talk about them. I told them that I wasn't going to go because I didn't want them talking about me! The good part about it was that none of the talk was bad.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What great news!!!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I have some more great news. It happened right before Christmas. One of my cousins saw smoke coming from a house, broke the window, crawled inside, got the disabled woman on her back and crawled back out the window with the lady on her back! The lady was hospitialized for smoke inhalation, but is recovering okay. She is so greatful my cousin was walking her dog that morning and saved her life!

I'm so proud of her. I want to send her something. I think I'll send flowers and a gift card. I hope the city/county will honor her soon. Oh, my cousin suffers from horrible arthritis. I don't know how she did it. She says God gave her the strength. I know you're not supposed to enter a burning building, but if she had waited, the woman would not have made it.

Here's a link:

Neighbor saves woman from burning house :: WRAL.com
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-03-2013 at 01:33 PM.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Wow, Debb, how wonderful that your cousin was able to save a life! It's so nice to read such good news; thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Wow, Debb, how wonderful that your cousin was able to save a life! It's so nice to read such good news; thanks for sharing!
    Yes, I think it's so great.
    I haven't seen her in awhile, but I am going to contact her. I am so proud of her. She was a devoted nurse for years before the arthritis. She just keeps helping others.
    inthegarden likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'll be starting a new job next month (as long as I pass the background check...that 20 year old ticket for doing 43 in a 30 and all ). It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, so I'm super excited, but also a bit bummed not to be working with one of my best friends any more. We're only 2.5 blocks away, so this is just going to mean a lot more lunches out.
    Yardgnome, JLuvs, shyra and 4 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread