+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

Cootie!!!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

The adoption was finalized yesterday and now onward and upward. Everything went off without a hitch. The kids went around all day yesterday saying how special they were. My daughter was adopted and she always said she was special because she was hand picked and that is what we told these kids.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I'm glad it's all finalized now, nennie. Now you can continue to look ahead with them and continue to make memories.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I'm glad it's all finalized now, nennie. Now you can continue to look ahead with them and continue to make memories.
    Thanks angelic. We ended up with a hitch but nothing that will affect the outcome. We are Indian and have to have their approval and for some reason they didn't show up at court. They seem to do things on their own good time so now my sister has to meet with the case worker and she has to ask her and the kids the same questions the lawyer and the judge asked and then go back before the judge again. We don't want to ruffle feathers so nothing will be said.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

This is small potatoes good news, but today I got a hair cut and color. I'd had a medium length bob for ages and today I went very dark (not black, but one degree above) and VERY short. Think Morena Baccarin on V short. I freakin' love it. Friends of mine were on my side of town and wanted to drop by after lunch, but that's when I was at the salon in the midst of the hair process. But then tonight I was in their neck of the woods and dropped by to see the jaws dropped. Guy friend: why so short?!?! Gal friend: I LOVE IT!!!!
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    This is small potatoes good news, but today I got a hair cut and color. I'd had a medium length bob for ages and today I went very dark (not black, but one degree above) and VERY short. Think Morena Baccarin on V short. I freakin' love it. Friends of mine were on my side of town and wanted to drop by after lunch, but that's when I was at the salon in the midst of the hair process. But then tonight I was in their neck of the woods and dropped by to see the jaws dropped. Guy friend: why so short?!?! Gal friend: I LOVE IT!!!!
    Short-short hair done well, is very sexy and liberating and is a great canvas for dramatic color. My hubby encouraged be to go short and sexy a couple years ago, And I'm glad I did. (Mine's red.)
    Congrats to you, and enjoy those compliments!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I've let mine grow out this past year, and while I love it, all of my kids are urging me to cut it short again. I'll see if I have enough to donate and maybe cut it short for the summer. It is much easier, but I love the feel of hair on my back and shoulders.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've had what people would consider a supershort cut for years, and I love it. I think the key to loving it is having a stylist who is a star with the scissors and the vision! My short hair has become my trademark! I wouldn't even slightly consider growing it out again....and I have been asked.

Gut, if YOU prefer your hair longer, please please yourself and no one else! Make Gut happy!

I think the key to any hair that makes you happy is a good cut by somebody who knows what they are doing! And regular maintenance!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would love to cut my hair off really short but my chunky face keeps me from it. I also have solid gray hair that really looks blonde and want to highlight it but the maintenence is crazy so I just keep it gray and let people tell me they love it while I don't.

Take pictures of your short dos. So fun to look at your different hair dos later on.

Congratulations Nennie!
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread