+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree811Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

So this morning I'm standing out front of my house in slippers and nightgown (bear in mind it's December in Toronto, so not an ordinary thing to be doing) staring up at my front porch roof, when I see the squirrel leaving his home. I scurry to the back of the house to tell Mr. Rattus, who himself scurries to get the hammer, nails, piece of flattened tin and ladder. As I'm waiting for him at the front of the house going "tchk, tchk, tchk" in order to entice Mr. Fluffytail away from the door to his home, a second squirrel emerges, joins Mr. Fluffytail and they both scamper off to forage somewhere. Mr. Rattus quickly ascends the ladder and nails the tin and a piece of board over the hole. This is particularly good news, for the squirrels as well as us, because we boarded up the hole a couple of weeks ago when we thought the squirrel was out and about - he wasn't. Mr. Rattus was up there checking to see that the patch was intact when he heard scratching from behind, so he removed the patch to let him out - neither of us want the poor little bugger to die of starvation in our walls. It was pure luck that I happened to be out there this morning, and even greater luck to discover that there was a second squirrel, and the greatest luck that they are free to roam.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

My good news is that I will be getting married this summer to the first love of my life (from the 3rd through the sixth grade boyfriend). Who knew that life would turn out to be this great! I NEVER thought I'd even date again, let alone contemplate making the big step over the broom!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Fantastic! Congratulations! Now I've heard of people reuniting with high school beaus, and junior high crushes, but grade school takes the cake! Anyone out there marry their K through 2nd grade boyfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Fantastic! Congratulations! Now I've heard of people reuniting with high school beaus, and junior high crushes, but grade school takes the cake! Anyone out there marry their K through 2nd grade boyfriend?
    I know you're being funny, PWS, but my colleague here at work actually married the guy that she shared a nanny with - AS A BABY!!! The families were friends, so they shared nanny expenses. And while they both went their separate ways and dated other people, they always stayed friends. Now they have been married 3 years and they just had a little boy!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I know you're being funny, PWS, but my colleague here at work actually married the guy that she shared a nanny with - AS A BABY!!! The families were friends, so they shared nanny expenses. And while they both went their separate ways and dated other people, they always stayed friends. Now they have been married 3 years and they just had a little boy!
    I hope they invited the nanny to wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I have friends who met in kindergarden and were married nearly 50 years when the wife passed away. Neither on them ever dated anyone else.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow.... Of course I changed schools at least every two years, but I guess if you stay in the same system until you are old enough to date that might not be so rare, and most people do, even today.

But we wander from the thread topic. Not my personal good news, but relevant to so many stories on the bad news thread...a big article in Newsweek this week (the one with Newt on the cover) about vaccines for cancer, that may be curing and may eventually even prevent... real promise. Of course it does seem as if there is a new amazing story every couple of years, but this one sounds exceptionally promising.

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    My good news is that I will be getting married this summer to the first love of my life (from the 3rd through the sixth grade boyfriend). Who knew that life would turn out to be this great! I NEVER thought I'd even date again, let alone contemplate making the big step over the broom!
    Congratulations! I've been unusually busy this week and missed your post. I wish you every happiness.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post

Congratulations! That is absolutely wonderful news!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thank you for your warm thoughts! I'm still excited!!! At my family Christmas, my entire family toasted us-WOW!!!
    I can't wait! We actually put up a tree-first time in several years for me!
    Jamie5632 and inthegarden like this.

+ Reply to Thread