+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Just got home from a wonderful weekend in Santa Barbara to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary!
    We stayed at the same hotel as we did 'way back then and (I think this was just coincidence, because I doubt that this place would have records going back that far) in the same room.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Sounds like a wonderful celebratory weekend, Ellen. Congrats on your anniversary and may you celebrate many more happy years together!

Congrats Ellen, Santa Barbara is such a nice place to visit! It looks like you had a wonderful anniversary!

Thank you! It was a wonderful weekend. Our actual anniversary is this coming weekend, but this past weekend worked out better for traveling. It's fun to stretch out celebrations!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Spoose View Post
    I teach probability and statistics to second year engineering students. I've been complaining about the selection of textbooks since I started teaching this course 3 years ago. One of the publishers contacted me and asked if I'd be willing to sit down with them and develop a new text--with applied engineering examples and problems. I'm so overwhelmed but I think I would really enjoy developing a text that covers the material in a concise and practical manner. I may have found my calling!!!
    That is so cool Spoose!!! I hope you enjoy your work with them!

I've updated my face book friends so I thought I would come here as well. We removed 3 tumors from Victor's lungs last week. They were in fact cancer. This is good news because it tells us that the AFP elevation in his blood was probably coming from these small tumors. Tuesday of next week we will get another blood test and hopefully the level will be normal. This will tell us that there are no more cancerous tumors in his body that are healthy enough to send this cancer protein into his blood. We are looking at a few years of oral chemo and while he is not thrilled about the possibility of losing his hair that has begun to grow, this could mean he will live into his old age........which I am absolutely thrilled about! I ran into the oncologist during my stay at the hospital and he himself said he never expected the outcome that we have had. This is what books are made of and what makes doctors become gods! Blessed be and thank you all for the wonderful prayers and good thoughts! Keep them coming!
    prhoshay, Ellen, Yardgnome and 8 others like this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bug, that's great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed for great news next week too!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, you've had all our prayers here. So glad Victor's doctors are on top of it all! Hugs!
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    My daughter found out she is having a boy!!!! We are so excited. Baby shower plans are in the works using an owl theme: Boy's are a hoot. Invitations say: who? Who? Who's having a baby.
    Am helping my daughters friend make the invitations and decorations.

Arlo Jacob is due to arrive in mid January.
    Late to the party as I"ve been traveling, but congrats, mrd! I have a new grandson as well, but you are luckier, yours will be close by, while mine's a serious plane flight. Even so, being a grandparent is great!
    And Yay! for Victor's health news, bug. Nice to see a good news post on that!
    Although how often is having 3 lung tumors considered good news! The FORT is a very educational place!

It is great to read some good news! I hope everything is going well for your daughter, MRD. The party sounds very nice!

As for Victor, we are rooting for him! I hope the results of the blood tests are what you hope for. It has been miraculous how well he has done! Hang in there, Bug! You and Victor are in my thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread