+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

There was only one Waldo.

Shay, hush your mouth. They are living with us. One baby is enough. :-)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I fully understand!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Congrats, MRD!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Well they were going to go with Grapefruit Carrot but changed their minds.

Thanks everyone. Yep first grandchild.
    Congrats on your future grandson MRD! It is soooo exciting!
    I was an only child and when I learned our first child would be a boy I didn't have a clue how to deal with a BOY! However, it turns out kids are kids - who knew! He was followed by 2 more boys who were just as fantastic!! When we learned our fourth (and last) child would be a girl I thought "what the heck am I supposed to do with a girl!?"

This above comment reminds me that when we were expecting our daughter our third son was just 4 years old. We told him we were going to name her Pickle. We carried this up to the very end of the pregnancy and when she was born we told him that we had decided to make Pickle one of her middle names instead. So this story carried on as she got a little older and we told her the same story. She is going to turn 7 this weekend and she still thinks one of her middle names is Pickle. I know, I KNOW, I probably shouldn't let her think this but it is the ONLY time we have ever carried on a little joke like this and it is too cute. She'll figure it out eventually...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Love that Pickle story! My son was the first boy born in my family in 36 years, so I really had NO clue! As it turned out, this was the only child I had, but I did miss the "frilliness" of a little girl! What I learned from having my son is that boys are just DIFFERENT. What came naturally to him was just FOREIGN to me, and the occasional look of bewilderment on my mother's face, after raising 2 girls and having only sisters, was hilarious!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Pickle needs to become her legal middle name. She'll be devastated when she finds out.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I agree, Pickle should be made an official name!

You will have so much fun with your new grandson! I have one of each - I had my daughter first. When I found out I was having a boy, I was nervous too, because I had no idea how to raise a boy! Turns out, like it was said above, kids are kids. I definitely see my daughter acting like a "girl" and my son acting like a "boy" sometimes - but my daughter also loves to play with trucks and my son loves to wear a tiara (don't tell hubby!!). At the end of the day, they are both so much fun - and I can't wait for you to experience it! Much more fun as a grandparent - or so my parents tell me!!

MRD

Love the pickle story!!!

I don't know from boys, but I guess I'll learn. My husband is over the moon that it's a boy. We wanted more kids, but after 4 miscarriages, we figured we were only allowed to have the one. But I know my husband wanted a boy. Now he'll have a fishing buddy. And the end of our road turns to dirt and leads to a lake. I picture the 2 of them like the opening of the Andy Griffith Show. Appropriate as my husband was called Opie until we got married.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Nothing as monumental as a baby or grandbaby, but . . .

We just got back from a cruise. While in San Franscisco, we couldn't get off the ship until EVERYONE cleared customs. The process was so disorganized that we missed a tour we'd arranged, and had to forfeit the $133 we paid. Grrrr.

I wrote a concise letter to Princess, outlining my frustration and offering some suggestions for improving the process. I also politely asked for a $133 cabin credit for our next cruise (Panama Canal on February) as reimbursement for the forfeited tour charge. They just sent me an e-mail. We're getting a $150 cabin credit. Woo Hoo. We'll toast Princess with a Tequila Sunrise at the sailaway party . . . and they'll be paying for it themselves!

That's great! It doesn't seem like anyone cares about customer satisfaction anymore. Glad to hear your story.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread