+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Great news JLuvs andLil Bit.

A very Happy Birthday to Victor! buglover, What a happy mom you must be.

Such wonderful news buglover! I wish him a happy, happy birthday a day late.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes! It is a foreign concept for me to have my own class, but I am loving it. On my end I am going to have a steep learning curve this year, but the staff seem super supportive. Starting just one day before my students was a major challenge! Certainly keep me in your thoughts this year.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Congratulations, JLuvs! Those lucky and fortunate students.

My good news perhaps should be considered bad news, but I don't regard it as such. Apparently the balls to the wall full tilt rough and ready adult life I've led, the one that has left me looking "tore up from the floor up", has led the L.A. Metropolitan Transit District to believe I am seven years older than I actually am. Every time a sheriff checks my subway ticket, they ask me the same question..."aren't you a senior?". Bus drivers have asked "aren't you a senior?". Well okay then...looks like I'm a senior, literally looks that way. I had to get a weekly pass today, and without even an ID check, was issued an orange senior card. That's a $58.00 a month savings!

I know I'm cheating, but I can live with it. It's ironic, really. Twenty five years of taking the bus, twenty five years of walking in the sun to bus stops, standing in the sun waiting for buses, and occasionally sitting in the sun waiting for buses (9 out of 10 benches are filthy), has contributed to the 62 year old looking face I now own today. Thanks MTA! Call me granny cuz I'm good to go.
    Last edited by lopevian; 08-28-2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: punctuation, as usual

I'm grateful this morning because Hurricane Irene treated my area gently. Basically, we have tree limbs down, but that's about it. I know there are lots and lots of others out there who haven't fared as well.
    Lil Bit and Eastcoastmom like this.

Glad you didn't suffer too much damage from Irene, ScoutMom. My family and friends only had minimal material damage, also. Hopefully ECM's family on LI and in Brooklyn and Cootie's brother and SiL and Cootie's brother's students in Philadelphia fared as well. And other FoRTers, too. Let us know, guys, if you see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I even walked 10 miles today in preparation for my half marathon next Sunday!
    I'm putting this in the good news thread! That's awesome, C, and best of luck with the half marathon! (Let us know how your tooth is doing, too, if you get a chance. Sending you positive vibes.)
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Glad you didn't suffer too much damage from Irene, ScoutMom. My family and friends only had minimal material damage, also. Hopefully ECM's family on LI and in Brooklyn and Cootie's brother and SiL and Cootie's brother's students in Philadelphia fared as well. And other FoRTers, too. Let us know, guys, if you see this post.

I'm putting this in the good news thread! That's awesome, C, and best of luck with the half marathon! (Let us know how your tooth is doing, too, if you get a chance. Sending you positive vibes.)
    Thanks for your kind words, chrisg

My brother and SIL are okay - they stayed up most of a night bailing out water from their basement - about 500 gallons? And as far as I know the students were fine, too. Thank goodness. Good news indeed.

I will definitely post here when I complete my half marathon walk on Sunday - I am not a runner and doing this walk at a fast pace is even a big challenge for me. My shoes are good and the company of 1000 women(maybe a few guys, too) should be great. I am dedicating this effort to my friends and family who are fighting cancer. If any of you have any upbeat songs you think should be on my playlist, PM me okay? I am taking suggestions.

Oh yes, my tooth is still broken, it doesn't hurt and I have some dental wax to keep it from irritating my tongue. As of right now I am waiting for my dentist to come back from his vacation - he is good to me, very gentle and he doesn't stress me out, so I am going to wait this out. The only thing is I can't eat much when I have the wax on the sharp spot. I could lose a few pounds, which wouldn't hurt a thing!
    Last edited by Cootie; 08-30-2011 at 01:46 AM.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Cootie, you rock! Best of luck Sunday with the half-marathon! I hope your dentist gets back soon and is able to take care of your broken tooth but in the meantime I hope you will remain pain-free. I'll be thinking of you on Sunday. Good Luck!
    chrisg likes this.

The half marathon was 13.1 miles of fun! I found that I could jog part of it but walked most of the time at just a little over 14 minutes per mile. It took me 3 hours and 6 minutes. I am little sore and definitely tired! Thanks for your encouragement! I plan to do it again in the spring. Hopefully on a much cooler day

Kudos Cootie.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread