+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

Wonderful news, SugarMama! I hope your son is on his way to a full recovery. Keep us posted!

wanted to say that I'm thinking of going back to school. Yay! have already started the process so hopefully will find out soon.
    and I can't resist showing off my nephew since im a doting aunt- my nephew is going to be on the HSN( home shopping network) starting at midnight every hour on the hour June 10th. He'll be the baby in the stroller while tv "grandma" shows off her shoes.

kelad: wow that's great news on the school decision and the nephew! I'll be in Florida June 18th for a week, I'll have to check it out!!!

I had a nasty virus on my work laptop. To make a long story short, I finally gave in and arranged to have it wiped, (because I spent hours getting rid of it). I saved a ton of files on two memory sticks. A tone of work related files, my Italy pictures from a trip, my puppies, and over 200 mp3's. I check double checked and triple checked to make sure they were there and I wasn't forgetting anything I wanted to save. When I got my laptop back, I was looking forward to getting my files back on and getting it the way I like it. I put in one stick in, and half of the files weren't there. I put in the second stick, same thing. My heart dropped.

To make another long story short ( I know, too late ) I googled and researched and drove myself crazy, not accepting the fact that the files were gone. I read too many mystery books, surely there has to be a way. I found a program, after searching many, and not trusting any of them, I downloaded it, and poof, there they were. All my files right in front of me, I take out the stick, and no files. Of course you have to purchase the program to retrieve the files. I called a few local computer shops, and found one that said, or sure, no problem, bring in the sticks!!!!

I'm soooo happy! This has been going on for two weeks, and I've been sick thinking about it! I'll be taking them in on the weekend!!

Whew! What a relief! That must have freaked you out.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kelad9 View Post
    wanted to say that I'm thinking of going back to school. Yay! have already started the process so hopefully will find out soon.
    and I can't resist showing off my nephew since im a doting aunt- my nephew is going to be on the HSN( home shopping network) starting at midnight every hour on the hour June 10th. He'll be the baby in the stroller while tv "grandma" shows off her shoes.
    You should check on the "back to school" thread--lots of good advice and encouragement there! Good luck!
    PS I trust the baby isn't actually UP at midnight! Not likely to be too adorable a shot at that hour!

Good news today! The oncologist has said that we are going into treatment number 10 next week which will leave us with 2 after that. Once the 12th treatment is done, we are going to do another CT scan and then possibly schedule surgery to remove a couple of spots from his lungs to get a closer look at what they are made of. After that, my son will be on oral chemo as a maintenance program for a while. If this treatment cures him, actually cures him it will be a very rare and amazing thing! Every time I tell people my son has liver cancer their first reaction is "oooooooohhhhh, that's really not good" because it almost always ends in death. If my son has even 10 more years to have life and love (and realize that life outside of the house is actually really hard!! ) I will be the happiest person on this earth!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Prayers continuing for the best for your son. He has been through so much - time for a fairly normal life for all of your family.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Bug,

What wonderful news!!
    As always, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wish your family the best of luck, buglover. My mom died of liver cancer that spread from breast cancer. She didn't have time for much treatment. She was diagnosed in February and died in May. I always cringe inside when I hear of someone having liver cancer because I know how quick and aggressive it can be. It's very promising that your son has made it through this many treatments so there's no reason not to expect a full remission. I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers!

FORT Fogey

Bug -- what a wonderful post from you, full of hope. Continued thoughts and prayers go out to you, Victor and your entire family. What a strong woman you are!!!

+ Reply to Thread