+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Share your good news

I don't know how old you are, Dragonlady, but these days senior citizens get asked if they want the vaccine. It's definitely available and lasts many years. It comes up every year when I get a flu shot, and they check to see if I'm due. Glad you are feeling a little better, but sounds like it might be a good investment for you.

Dragon Lady,

Welcome back and glad to hear you're doing better. That sounds very scary.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thanks to all of you and your good wishes. It was a scary ordeal & happened so fast. All my doctors (there are at least 4 of them) have recommended the pneumonia vacine for me. Usually they automatically offer it at 70 yrs of age, (I'm 64) but if you've had previous problems, they give it at a younger age. I always get the flu shot.....got tired of always being sick at Thanksgiving and Christmas so I'll just add this to my list of "preventables."
    Being close to death really does change your perspective on even the most mundane things in life.
    Earlier in my recovery state, I remember wanting to shake people who just go about their lives, not realizing how good it is to just get up and walk around, to be able to pick up something w/o great strain, etc.
    I think we all need a little reminder once in awhile to appreciate how good life is and how lucky we are to be healthy and capable of all we do.
    But I still feel a little guilty for what I put my family thru. I know it wasn't my fault but as silly as it sounds, it remains.
    Thank you again, FORT Family. I really missed everyone and this site.

It doesn't hurt for your family to be reminded not to take you for granted. When I went through my cancer treatment, my daughter away at college became almost clingy from a distance. She was the one who was difficult from birth. I let out a huge sigh of relief when she went off to college. But ever since then, she's been very loving and keeps in close touch.
    Glad to have you back.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Isn't there a shot, like a flu shot, for pneumonia? I want to say that I remember seeing that advertised, but it seemed foreign to me. And it is expensive, but if it will ward off something like Dragon Lady's problem, it may well be worth it. I've never remembered to ask my doctor about it. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about, or was I just dreaming this? I'll be seeing her again in September, and I'm going to try to remember to ask about it.
    There is a pneumonia vaccine, but it doesn't protect against all kinds.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

So glad you're O.K., dragonlady! Pneumonia is no joke.

My good news today: my son's vision is HALF-way back to normal (to pre-surgery)

This is a blessing, indeed...a full recovery will be tremendous, but we'll take this icing on the cake

Our bodies are fearfully and wonderfully made...the brain is amazing!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    My good news today: my son's vision is HALF-way back to normal (to pre-surgery)

This is a blessing, indeed...a full recovery will be tremendous, but we'll take this icing on the cake

Our bodies are fearfully and wonderfully made...the brain is amazing!
    That is a blessing and fantastic news. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Thanks for the update SugarMama! Hopefully that progress so soon means that more improvement in vision is on the way!

Dragon, fierce and sugar, glad to hear the positive news from you all!

+ Reply to Thread