+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Congrats mrd!!! That's wonderful unplanned news!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Congrats, mrd! Welcome to the grandparents' club!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And, wow, I cannot believe the cost of Hedwig owl fabric...googled it...nearly $50/yard! You'd think the people who made it originally would gear up again, what with the finale coming out. Maybe you can find out the makers and write them! And maybe they'll give you a free sample.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And, wow, I cannot believe the cost of Hedwig owl fabric...googled it...nearly $50/yard! You'd think the people who made it originally would gear up again, what with the finale coming out. Maybe you can find out the makers and write them! And maybe they'll give you a free sample.
    That's an excellent idea, PWS! Another way to go about your project would be to get iron-on paper for your computer printer. You can use any image you find on your computer, print it on the paper, and iron it on to fabric. My son was really into this in high school. He made t-shirts for all of his friends (some were wildly inappropriate ). Very easy, many more options that pre-printed fabric. If there are words, you might need to flip the image first on your paint option.
    My mom does quilting and takes photos to a printing company that puts them on fabric for her. Not sure how that's done.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I saw it at $12 the half, same as MRD. It's VERY hard to find any out of print fabrics; since the Eqyptian theme is not hot, hot, hot right now I had a VERY hard time finding that type of fabric, and it isn't even for a specific movie or whatever. (MRD, the Kitamid is coming in June!)
    Mrd, if all else failsyou might think about getting fabric with Snowy Owls on it and some other with stars/etc and just not having the HP logo on it, and it would stiull have the same theme if she had other HP items in the room. Plus, it would still be appropriate for your daughter's grandkid, even if nobody uses the HP theme anymnore. (I have some really pretty dark blue with little stars/ milky way/etc and it would look great with the owls appliqued or quilted, etc on there.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I was going to suggest designing your own and having it printed at Spoonflower: Print custom fabric on-demand, but that's not cheap either.

I have a friend who's designing her own fabric, and the swatches, at least, are pretty cheap - only $5. I think they have a program where you can sell your fabric on their site and get a commission too.

I like queenb's idea of appliqueing/quilting the owls on a starry night-ish fabric.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

While my son's biopsy report isn't in yet, a neurosurgeon hinted that the news will be "good" based on communications with the pathology lab
    I'll take it!

Hopefully he'll be able to come home this week
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

MRD

Thanks all. We are really excited and we did find owl material and stars and are going to try that. They still sell HP cloth banners and that could go in the middle.

Sugarmama, good news!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Great news, Sugarmama!

Victor's APF level is down to 166! We started out in November at 5300. The liver is not outputting any new cancer cells now! There are several spots on his lungs that have disappeared with this treatment! 3 more months and we will we done with it. I cannot wait to have a little bit more normalcy in this household. I've been such a horrible wife, hardly any thorough cleaning, haven't made dinner in forever.........I just want to get back to life and feel like we are living in it instead of existing in it!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread