+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree765Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

Glad to hear that you recognize the "silver linings"! I've always found that helpful.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I got the deal of a lifetime today. I work for a mini storage and one of our tenants was moving out today and he had a pedestal table siting out and I was admiring it as it was an old one like I have been wanting and he offered to sell it to me and I got to looking in his unit and he had a lot more old furniture that was so nice and he sold me a dresser, chest of drawers , the table, two glass fronted curios and an old farm house cabinet all for $80.00. These pieces are all very old and in relatively good condition. I am one happy camper right now.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Deals like that are great!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Wow! What a great feeling, huh?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I just got a rejection letter for the job I had applied for. At least they sent one out. Many companies don't let you know anything. But, thanks to everyone for the good wishes. It's hard to not get depressed even though I know I have much to be thankful for.

Anyway.... my good news. We have some medical bills that we need to get paid. I had a couple of procedures done back in November, then my hubby ended up in the emergency room with an overnight in the hospital. Our share of the total bill was over $3,000. I've been waiting to get out tax refund back to pay the bill. I was planning on driving over last Thursday to pay the bill, but a wave of procrastination hit me and I didn't get over there. Yesterday I got our mail and there was another bill in there from the Medical Center along with a letter saying that, because of the poor economy, they are offering to reduce the bill by 25% if it's paid in full by April 31. So, procrastinating that one day saved me about $750!! I suppose they would have offered me the same deal on Thursday, but it sure feels good to save that kind of money.
    That is great news about the reduction in the medical bill. I got clued into this strategy last year - many medical services will offer a fairly substantial reduction in the fee if you pay it right away. So it pays to call and ask the billing dept if they can give a discount for quick payment. You could end up saving a great deal of money in the long run.

Sorry about the job, but if you think of sending them a thank you note for the opportunity to interview for the job, it could maybe open a door for you?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sure won't hurt to try!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lil Bit: That's quite a savings, glad to hear it!

nennie: You got yourself a great deal!

I always send a thank you note when I've interviewed with someone, the problem is, I didn't get an interview. The scuttlebutt in town is that the person who got the job is the daughter of the county auditor. This job wasn't in the auditor's office, but it was a county position. I don't know if this is true or not, though, but it sounds just like small town politics.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Well, thank them anyways for the communication. That polite reminder that you appreciated them letting you know could go somewhere for you. You never know. And it gets them more familiar with your name.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I always send a thank you note when I've interviewed with someone, the problem is, I didn't get an interview. The scuttlebutt in town is that the person who got the job is the daughter of the county auditor. This job wasn't in the auditor's office, but it was a county position. I don't know if this is true or not, though, but it sounds just like small town politics.
    Gawd, small town politics. Our town was required to advertise open positions, even though they had basically already decided to hire someone else. I can look at certain county and city employees and know exactly how they got their jobs. The cousin of the county prosecutor works in the clerk of the court office. The daughter of the clerk of court works for the schoolboard, wife of school superintendent has job in county health dept. SO thankful I no longer live there. Sorry Lil Bit.the right job is out there waiting for you, I know it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread